Thursday, August 16, 2018

Layout using NEW Shimmerz Colors

Hello, friends!  I have a new layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team.  My page today features four of the NEW Shimmerz colors!  I used Shimmerz Wisteria Lane, When Skies Are Grey, Pip, Pip Cherry-O and So Sappy to create a fun grid design.  I just loved how all four colors looked together, so I made them my color scheme.

I began with cutting a stencil on some cardstock.  I used the Heart Squares Texture Background cut file by Paige Evans and smudged modeling paste over it to create a really fun textured background.  I did coat my background with clear gesso first.  This looks complicated, but it's really not.  I colored each quadrant with a color.  To fade out the edges, I added white gesso and white acrylic paint.  I love how it still shows the hearts but keeps the colors concentrated towards the center around the photo.


I really love how this turned out!  I sorted through my bin of random things and found bits and pieces in each color.  I even painted some pieces to match.  I used this big Vicki Boutin butterfly die cut here and painted a wood veneer piece as well as this loopy die cut.  I found a cute aqua acrylic circle to add in, too.  I wanted to do my best to keep all the blue things in the blue section.


Look how shimmery this So-Sappy is!  It's a beautiful coppery color.  I painted this big wood veneer heart with it as well as a few random die cuts.  I found a cute brad and a sticker to use in this section as well as some matching sequins from SpeigelMom Scraps.


This is my favorite of all the new colors...Pip, Pip Cherry-O.  Just look at this pink!  I had some pink die cuts, stickers and floral Bella Blvd die cuts to use in this section as well as some sequins and thread.


This dusty purple is so pretty.  It's Wisteria Lane.  Again, I used a few die cuts and then painted a few pieces.


One of my favorite things about Shimmerz original paints is that it goes really nicely on wood veneer.  I did add a light coat of white gesso first.  I went very simple with my title and used some old white glittery Thickers.


More close-ups of the gorgeous shimmer and shine!

 


I hope this inspires you try these new colors.  They are even more beautiful in person.  This was fun to make, and I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try!




Supplies Used:
Coloringz--Well Blue Me Down


No comments:

Post a Comment