Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Always An Adventure / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club. This page was inspired by the August Mood Board.  I was excited to dig into my 2018 August Hip Kits because they are gorgeous!  I was honestly inspired by all of these images, but I brought the idea of adventure from the quote and of course all of the gorgeous colors.




I cut the “adventure” from the exclusive alpha cut file designed by Jana soon to be available on the HKC website.  It is awesome, and I cut the letters from the Crate Paper Spread Love patterned paper from the Main Kit.  It has so many beautiful colors.  I paired that with some of the Willow Lane Chipboard Stickers and Mini Alpha Stickers and the bulk of my design was done.


I printed my photos in a small strip of three and placed them under the large title.  My little Paige loves to make crazy faces and cross her eyes…haha!  I used some of the Amy Tangerine Shine On Puffy Hearts as well as the smaller ones from Willow Lane here.



I couldn’t wait to use the Willow Lane floral stamps!  I created a subtle bit of leaves here under this large flower die cut.  I used some of the exclusive Project Life cards under my photos and fussy cut this circle piece from another one.



The great thing about this alpha cut file is that there are both upper and lower case letters!  I stitched through these here with some gold metallic thread.


I used all three Shimmerz from the Color Kit on my background as well as two more from previous Color Kits.  We get a beautiful dark blue (Inklingz Oakie Bear Blue), a shimmery gold (Inklingz Miner Miner 49er) and an aqua spray (Coloringz Well Blue Me Down).  I used the packaging technique mostly with a little help from my brush and also added splatters.


I knew right away I wanted to use this large “Always” piece from the Willow Lane Chipboard Sheet.  I also used a few of the Willow Lane black Clear Stickers.


Here’s one more close-up of all the beautiful colors and details!


Have you received your August Kits yet?  I hope you are inspired to create something fun and beautiful with them…I had a lot of fun making this page!  I have a process video here, so check that out when you have a minute :)



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment