Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tiny Victories / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 April Hip Kits.  I sorted through all the Pinkfresh Studio chipboard pieces and puffy stickers and noticed a lot of the phrases on them fit my little family so perfectly.  I knew I had to use the green "Tiny Victories" circle as my title.  Both our girls have nonverbal autism, and they have never been interested in playing together.  They NEVER sit beside each other.  On this random day, they did!  I had to hurry and capture it.  Although that seems like something very small and common, for us it was HUGE.  Hence the title :)

I went with a vertical circle design since most of the embellishments were circles.  I punched a few more circles using some Paige Evans Pick-Me-Up patterned papers as well.  I used some gesso on the background before attaching all the circles and then used a mix of the Dylusions Shimmer Spray from the Color Kit and some of the Peacock Feathers & Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides from previous kits.


To jazz up the paper circles and add more color and texture, I machine stitched in various matching colors.  I also used a few of the Pick-Me-Up floral die cuts and a few Crate Paper gold puffy Thicker hearts.


I really love the phrases on these circles...they really do say a lot about our daily challenges.  Our life is hardly perfect, and we embrace that.  It's fun and never dull, so we just go with it :)  I split my journaling up on both sides here.


I love how there was some open space in the photos here that left room for this green circle.  No heads were covered up :)


I added some tangled thread under the photo here for an extra pop of pink, and this "love this" piece is an exclusive Hip Kit puffy sticker.


Have you tried the Distress Oxides yet?  They react so well with water....the result is always gorgeous!


Here's one more close-up of all the fun details.


Have embellishments ever inspired your layout?  This whole page came together because of those circles.  I just arranged them like I wanted and the rest of the page just happened :)  Be sure to check out my process video here:




Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment: