Thursday, May 17, 2018

I Heart Her / Shimmerz Education Team - NEW COLORS!

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team featuring three NEW Shimmerz colors.  I used a lot of Shimmerz products, but I included the new Lilac Blossom, It's Mint to Be and Limoncello paints as well.  I love creating my own color schemes on white cardstock.  I started by painting an entire sheet of it in stripes of color using those three colors as well as Creameez 1 Hot Mama, Vibez Jeni B Bleu, and Shimmerz Moulin Rouge.  I also added in bits of other colors which I will list below.

Once my paper was dry, I cut a bunch of different sized hearts using my Cameo.  I was inspired by a recent layout created by Paige Evans where she created a lot of stacked hearts.  I decided to stack a few of them and leave the rest of them to scatter around the page. I love how it turned out!


I didn't want to leave the background solid white, so I mixed in some of the same colors I used on the hearts.  I mixed them with white gesso and scraped it all over the paper to get lighter hints of the colors.  I wanted it to peek through all the hearts.  Look how shimmery these colors are!


I ran the stacks of hearts through my sewing machine to give them a finished and textured look.  I decided to vertically stack them so my photos could be tucked under them.  I pulled the purple color from my daughter's shirt.


I tucked in a bit of white tissue paper for a subtle border along with some tangled thread.  I scattered lots of sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps around the page.


Here on this stacked heart you can really see how pretty the three new colors are, and they work very well together.  I used some old Thickers for my title.


Here you can see the effect of mixing the paints with white gesso.  It does take out some of the shimmer, but that's okay.  I mainly wanted to have some subtle color back there to enhance the hearts and photos.  I also did a bit of splattering.


Here's a tip if you're going to stack your shapes like this:  only glue the center parts down.  Leave the edges along so you can flip or fold them up for dimension.


This was so much fun to create!  You can see that I hardly used any extra embellishments.  I felt like the hearts were enough to carry the page.  Sometimes you don't need a bunch of stickers or chipboard.  Just create lots of pretty shapes with your Shimmerz and you will be set :)

Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:



Here's a short video I created showing you each of the three new colors:


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Shimmeringz--Goldie Lox
Creameez--1 Hot Mama
Spritz--Ruby
Coloringz--Well Blue Me Down


No comments:

Post a Comment