Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Patio Paradise / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for the Hip Kit Club using the 2018 May Hip Kits.  I wanted to create a fun & unique background, so I pulled out the Heidi Swapp Lace Papers from the Embellishment Kit.  I used two of them as masks.  I used the Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paints from the Color Kit and smudged them over the flower and grid papers to create a negative shape.  This beautiful Peacock cardstock from the Cardstock Kit was perfect to let those colors shine.  I had the perfect photo to showcase with these colors, and I love how it turned out.


I started out the background by scraping some of the blue and green paint on the cardstock with a palette knife.  I also smudged some white gesso down to lighten it up and then added more of the blue.  I used some of the Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glaze from the March Color Kit over the small grid paper to add some shimmer and shine.  I embellished with a lot of chipboard flowers, die cuts and Thickers.


The acrylic paints show up very well against this blue background.  These Heidi die cut papers are very versatile.  Even though I used them as masks, you could also color them or cut them up and use them as is.


I mixed and matched the two gold Thicker sets we received and then added a few Pretty Little Studio die cuts underneath it.  The banner piece is actually orange, but I needed it to be pink.  I added a bit of the pink paint to it to change it up.  My journaling showed up really well with a white gel pen.


Here you can see how shimmery the glaze is.  I wound up going back over the grid paper with the light pink paint.  I used a few pieces of patterned paper under my photo to make it stand out a bit more.


I fussy cut a few leaf sprigs from one of the Pinkfresh Studio papers and tucked in a few of the gold glitter Thicker leaf sprigs.  Those pretty flowers are Simple Stories Chipboard pieces.  I also used a few of the Amy Tangerine clear stickers.


One more close-up of all the pretty colors and details!


I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next layout.  I highly recommend trying the Heidi papers on a dark background.  Give it a go!  Here’s my process video showing how I created this page.



Thank you so much for stopping in!  See you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment