Friday, March 30, 2018

LOVE / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! Happy Friday...woo hoo!  I have a new layout to share for the Paige Evans Design Team combining four of Paige’s collections. I mostly used the Pick-Me-Up collection, but I also used some papers from Turn the PageOh My Heart, and Take Me Away collections.


I began with Paige’s LoveLoveLoveLove cut file. I cut each letter using a different patterned paper from the various collections. I decided to add smaller photos behind each of the Os and create a diagonal design. I used white cardstock as my background and jazzed it up using some Distress Oxides inks and Shimmerz Paints. I added some texture with a lined stencil and modeling paste. I embellished with lots of little goodies from the Pick-Me-Up collection.  I also added a bit of color to the edges of the layout using Pick-Me-Up Paper 16 with some fussy cut flowers from Paper 02.


I added dimensional foam behind all the photos to make them stand up a bit and added matching thread under them for additional texture. I embellished around the photos with Pick-Me-Up Puffy Stickers, bits from the Haberdashery Multi-Pack, and some fussy cut pieces from the 6x6 Paper Pad and 2x2 Paper Pads. I did the same thing in coordinating colors for each of the photos. Here I added mostly yellow pieces.


Here you can see the coordinating embellishments for the darker blue and aqua areas. I love how the modeling paste on the background turned out. Such a simple thing, yet it creates so much detail! It’s fun to create monochromatic areas on a layout like this. It helps you decide what to use in a specific area since you are limited to one color. Plus it’s fun to sort through all of your goodies to see what you have!


If you haven't gotten your hands on some adhesive foam, you should.  It makes such a difference.  I love how it raises up the photos here.  It makes it easier to tuck things in underneath, like die cuts and thread.  Plus the shadow it creates makes it look so cool :)


I'm really happy with how this background turned out.  A simple stencil and some modeling paste can really jazz up a sheet of white cardstock.


Here are a few more close-ups of the fun papers, colors and background.



I hope this gives you some inspiration.  Even if you don't have a die cutting machine, you can still use punches to create shaped photos.  It's fun to change things up every once in a while!  Be sure to check out my process video here to see how I created this from start to finish.



Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment