Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happiness / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, friends! I have a fun & bright layout to share for the Paige Evans Design Team using the Pick-Me-Up collection. I began by cutting Paige’s Rainbows Background cut file from some white cardstock and using it as a stencil. I placed it over some smooth white cardstock and then used a palette knife to scrape lots of colored texture pastes over it. I also used a few ink sprays. I wanted to get a lot of the deep and rich colors on the background, mainly the pinks, reds, and mustard yellow. I decided to scrap a pool photo since it had lots of blue in it and I love how it contrasts against the deep background colors. I fussy cut a few flower clusters from Paper 02 and layered them around the photo.


Using cut files as stencils is another fun way to add interest to your layout. I love the shapes this one created. It makes such a cool background. Once it was dry, I came back in with more of the sprays and used the packaging technique to spread more color around. I added in some blue sprays to play off the color in the photo. To add even more texture, I layered in some coordinating colors of thread along with some floral Stickers.


Since I had some white empty space on the left side of my photo, I layered the flower clusters over it.  I tucked in some Stickers and a Rub-On. I added my journaling right under the bottom of the mixed media area of the page.


I created a title cluster down on the bottom half of the page using lots of items from the Pick-Me-Up collection. I used some of the Chipboard Stickers and Mini Thickers to create the title and then added some more Rub-Ons and Stickers.


I really love how these bright colors blended together.  Here you can see lots of dimension created under and around the photo.  I layered in some tissue paper and adhesive foam under the photo as well as some pink and coral tangled thread.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the awesome color & texture.  I get carried away with close-ups...haha!




I really love how this turned out. I hope it inspires you to try using a cut file as a stencil to make your own background design or embellishments or even patterned paper.  Be sure to check out my process video here for more details on how I put this all together:



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment