Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Happy Laughs / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 March Hip Kits to create this layout, and I also used one of the exclusive subscriber cut files designed by Kimberly.  I began by cutting the flowers on white cardstock and backing them with various papers from the Main Kit.  I wanted to make them a little more dimensional, so I used some of the Vicki Boutin Watercolors from the Color Kit to add darker shades to them.  I fussy cut some leaves from the Crate Paper lemon sheet as well.  I used the Turquoise Mist cardstock as my background and added a lot of watercolor to it.


Here you can see the color variations on the flowers.  I used one of the woodgrain chipboard Thickers from the Main Kit as part of my title.  I didn’t want it to be brown so I coated it with white gesso first.  I used some blue watercolor and the Vicki Boutin Glitter Glaze to color it.  I fussy cut “laughs” from a 4×6 Project Life card.  I love the how the rainbow colors match the flowers.


I fit my journaling right underneath the title and above the flower I added at the bottom.

 

I layered the cut file flowers all around the photo as well as on three sides of the page.  I like the look of running shapes off the edge.  I did add some tangled thread around the photo as well.


Hello texture and dimension!  I tucked in a few floral goodies here…a Crate Paper sticker, a pebbles die cut and a Simple Stories chipboard phrase sticker.  It’s so neat how all these different manufacturers can coordinate together.


I did use a few of the Gold Foil Rub-Ons.  I painted over them with some white gesso to tone down the shine, and I love how it turned out.


And one more close-up just because I took a million…haha!


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout.  Be sure to check out all the beautiful kits in the store, and also check out my process video here to see how this page all came together.



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great day!

1 comment: