Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Happy Sisters / Using Older Supplies

Happy Wednesday, lovely friends :)  Today I'm sharing a layout I created using some very old supplies from my hoarded stash.  I used the Echo Park Life is Good collection from 2010.  It was the first EP collection I ever laid eyes on, and I fell in love with instantly.  This was back when the EP collections were just paper and stickers.  I wanted to use some of it and make it more my current style.  I used a pink patterned paper from the collection as my background, and I added some color and texture.  I used white gesso first and then some white texture paste through a small grid stencil.  I used some Distress Oxides to add all that pretty color.


I wanted to use a few of the papers for a large title, so I created "sisters" using a script font and separated each letter.  I cut each letter on a different paper. Then I welded the word together and cut it as one using white cardstock.  I wanted to create a shadow behind the colored letters.  I did use a black pen to make it stand out a bit more.


I fussy cut some flowers from one of the papers to layer behind the photo as well as a brown scalloped frame sticker.  I love how the background texture turned out.  It's so fun adding bumpy texture!  I also added a few MAMBI stickers for accents.


I created some more dimension by adding some foam under the photo here as well as more bits of paper.  I pulled out a few Technique Tuesday stamps from my stash and stamped them on vellum with gold ink.  Stamps are a fun way to create your own embellishments.


I love how this turned out!  I added an EP sticker here as well as a MAMBI sticker.


I never thought I'd like how brown looks on a page, but for some reason I really liked this one.  I created another stamp sentiment here and added some green thread.


Here's one more shot of the fun colors and background texture :)


Do you still own any of this collection?  It was fun to pull it out and make something with it.  I still have a lot of it left, so I can't wait to make another project with it.  Be sure to check out my process video here to see how I created this page.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment