Monday, October 16, 2017

Love This / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm back to share a new page for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 September Hip Kits, and I also used another cut file designed by DT Member Jessica Fabiano.  I used the sketchy frames and cut them on different patterned papers from the Main Kit.  Just about everything I used on this page is from Paige Evans' Turn the Page collection.

I used some light pink cardstock as my base and added lots of Shimmerz to it.  I used all three colors from the Color Kit after smudging down some white gesso.  I used the packaging technique as well as spraying and splattering directly on to the paper.  I went pretty simple with the design by tucking in some fussy cut flowers around the photos.


I resized the frames in the Silhouette software before cutting them so they would fit over my photos.  I added some adhesive foam and tissue paper behind them to add some dimension and interest.  These flowers were pretty easy to fussy cut from patterned paper.  I also added some of the butterflies from the Chipboard Stickers and Puffy Stickers as well as some sequins.


I love these colors...just so pretty!  I wanted to bring out the colors in the papers, and the Shimmerz on the background did just that.  I kept everything pretty minimal on this page...sometimes you don't need a lot.


I also went simple with the title.  I combined some of the Hip Kit exclusive alpha stickers with some of the Turn the Page stickers from the Sticker Book.  I traced around "this" with a gold metallic pen to make them stand out a little more.  I also added in some of the Amy Tangerine puffy heart stickers and some tangled thread.


Here's one last close-up of the left side...a pretty butterfly and some sequins :)


I hope this inspires you create a fun background to match your papers and embellishments.  It was fun to make :)   Here's my process video if you'd like to check out...



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment