Friday, October 20, 2017

Happy Halloween / Thermoweb

Happy Friday, friends!!  I’m really excited about sharing a fun Halloween mixed media layout today for Thermoweb!  I used lots of Thermoweb products here, and the first one you probably notice is the shiny Deco Foil.  I used two colors on this layout: Deco Foil Transfer Sheets in Champagne and Gina K. Designs Fancy Foil Sweet Mango.  I think those colors look really good against the black background.

I began with a sheet of the Gina K. Designs Black Onyx Premium Cardstock.  I cut a fun spider web cut file from Paige Evans on my Silhouette Cameo and jazzed it up with some of the Deco Foil.  I added lots of gold ink spray and orange acrylic paint to the background to really help the photo stand out.  I went light on the embellishments since the background and spider web was the main focus.



I wanted the spider web to look splotchy and messy.  To get this look, I used the Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive first.  I just squirted some onto the shape and smudged it around with my finger.
Once it dried, I laid a sheet of the Champagne Deco Foil on top of it and applied pressure with my fingers.  The foil just peels right off, and it sticks to every part that was covered in the adhesive.  To get more coverage, apply the adhesive generously.


Look how beautiful it turned out!  This would look so cool with any color combination.  The gold really stands out on the black cardstock. I wanted lots of gold and orange showing through and around the spider web, so I sprayed down some gold ink spray and splattered some watered down orange acrylic paint.  It dried beautifully on the black cardstock.


I went minimal with embellishments so I wouldn’t cover up a lot of the spider web and background and I used some of the Crate Paper After Dark collection.  There are cardstock and puffy stickers as well as a few glitter Thicker stars and one chipboard star.  Here you can also see that I added in some orange foil. Next, I punched these tiny circles using a confetti punch.  I used one of the iCraft Easy-Cut Adhesive Sheets and a sheet of the Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils in Sweet Mango to create them.  You simply peel the backing off the adhesive sheet, stick to some cardstock, apply the foil, peel it off, and your area is covered.  I wanted to create the look of little orange confetti, which I glued down using the iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive.


To add a bit more interest and texture to the background, I machine stitched some lines using metallic gold thread.  I also used another Crate Paper chipboard piece here.  This cute owl just seemed perfect right here.


Here’s one last look at the right side of the photo.  I used some of the 3D White Foam Squares to pop my photo right off the page.  I also added in some gold metallic thread.


I hope this inspires you to try a dark background with some of your Deco Foils!  It looks so cool, and the effects of the foil’s shine is just amazing.  Give it a go next time!  And be sure to check out my process video here to see just how I created this.


Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment