Sunday, October 22, 2017

Keep Your Chin Up / Hip Kit Club

Hello, and Happy Sunday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the beautiful 2017 October Hip Kits.  I was immediately inspired by the Pinkfresh Studio Chase paper from the Main Kit and the large chipboard titles by Dear Lizzy from the Embellishment Kit.  I had my photo ready to go, and as I was sorting through the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts in the Main Kit, I saw the circle piece that says “Keep Your Chin Up & Never Give Up.”  I knew I had to use it since my daughter is pulling my chin toward her.  A perfect match!  I used a sheet of watercolor paper and used all three Shimmerz from the Color Kit.  I fussy cut the arrows from the patterned paper and arranged them in a circle.


I jazzed up this large chipboard title with some of the Old Yeller Shimmerz and then added some gold embossing at the bottom.  I wanted it to look like it was dipped in gold glitter, and I love how it turned out!  I tilted it and added a flower cluster at the bottom.  I fussy cut that from one of the exclusive Project Life cards.  It matches perfectly!  I also added a few of the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts here.


I added a bit of adhesive foam under the photo, the title and the flowers here.  I touched it up with a bit of coral tangled thread, a fabric die cut and a fun Pretty Little Studio phrase sticker.


These arrows turned out really nice.  I machine stitched through them to accentuate the idea of the circle and bring your eye to the photo.  That big title really created some awesome dimension.


Check out these beautiful Fall colors!  The Old Yeller Shimmerz might be a new favorite of mine.  It’s so shimmery once it’s dry, and it’s the perfect golden color.


Here’s one more look at the large title.  These are fun to play with…they’re different and really make a statement on a page.  And they take paint really well, so you can alter them and make them whatever color you want!


I hope this inspires you and gives you some fun ideas to try with your October Kits!  They are truly beautiful and just full of so many goodies!  Be sure to check out my process video if you’d like to watch how I put this page together.



Thank you for stopping in today, and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment