Sunday, October 29, 2017

Leaf Hunter / Precious Remembrance Shop

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Precious Remembrance Shop using the cute mason jar stamp from the Oh So Fun Stamp Set and a small stamp from the Date Stamp Set.  I also used a few of the die cuts from the new Love Coupon Bits & Pieces pack.  I’ve had my eye on the mason jar stamp for a while, but I never really know how to incorporate it onto my layout.  So I decided to just dive right in and use it and make it work for me.  I was in the mood to use watercolors, so I pulled them out and applied it straight to the stamp using a brush.  I love how it came out.  The watercolor look creates a messy effect and doesn’t leave a perfectly crisp edge.  That’s what I love about it!  I used two photos of my daughter looking for leaves because the colors matched.  Leaves and mason jars really don’t have anything in common, but I just liked how it all came together.


Here you can see how beautiful the watercolor looks.  This was a lot of fun to do, and it’s a great way to use your stamps in a different way.  I like to stamp on scrap paper, fussy cut the image out and use it as an embellishment.  I was able to arrange all the jars where I wanted them instead of stamping directly on to the background paper.  Once I stamped the jars, I came back in with my brush and added some shading to make the jars look more realistic and dimensional.  I also added some splatters after gluing them down.  I also added a bit of machine stitching through them all with white thread.  Here you can also see the circle/heart die cuts I added in.  I also fussy cut a few butterflies from a Paige Evans Turn the Page paper to scatter around the page.


I used some Bella Blvd alpha stickers for my title, which I decided to keep small.  Another fun aspect of stamping, watercoloring and fussy cutting is the dimension.  When the shapes dry, they naturally curl up.  That allows for the image to rise up off the page like this.  I love that!


I added a few subtitles here and there from a few sticker sheets that went with my photos.  I really love how the rainbow effect turned out here.  You can easily mix and match colors as well by painting on a few colors at a time onto the stamp.  It would be easy to create an ombre effect with this stamp.


Here’s another close-up of the stamp’s detail.  The watercolor picked up those details but still blurred them out a bit.  This would look completely different if you stamped with an ink pad.  So don’t be afraid to change things up and get a little messy with your paints!  You could get a different look with acrylics as well.


One final look at the pretty watercolor...just because it turned out so nice :)


I hope this inspires you to try watercolors on your stamps.  It was a lot of fun, and I didn’t want to stop stamping those mason jars!  Be sure to check out my process video if you’d like to watch how I made this page.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment