Sunday, May 24, 2015

This Grin / Hip Kit Club + a Process Video

Hey, friends!  I've been a busy bee this month...and I have another layout to share for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 May Kits.  The very first item I picked out for this layout was the bright blue and white star paper from Chickaniddy.  I hadn't used any of it yet, and so I wanted to make it a primary element in this layout.  At first, I didn't plan on using any yellow...but you can see that changed. 

After I got my background papers where I wanted them, I smudged down some white gesso and then went over it with some of the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and the Lemon Twist yellow Paint Dabber.  I also used two of the small American Crafts stencils once that was dry.  The Chickaniddy stamps (the open triangle) also made it onto this page.


Here you can see the mix of alphas and chipboard used to create my title.  I layered the enamel "Awesome" on top of the big ampersand from Pink Paislee.  I really love how the background looks here, too.


Here's a look at the top layers.  I added some blue machine stitching, some tangled thread, and I painted the wood veneer with the Electric Lime Paint Dabber.  These kits have so many possibilities!


These orange triangles were made using one of the AC stencils.  I pulled some orange ink from my stash and used my blending tool to make them.  And since distress inks react with water, I used a few drips to smudge the triangles a bit.


And one more close-up of the title area.  I did trace around GRIN with a pink pen to make it pop out a little more.


Here's the process video of this layout from start to finish if you'd like to watch.  Enjoy!


Make sure to check out all the awesome kits over at the Hip Kit Club...the June kits should be coming soon, and they're gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Watching your process gives me so many ideas. I'm going straight to my art room and get busy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Missy! I love the diagonal design that you created and the long title with the mix of alphas!

    ReplyDelete