Saturday, May 23, 2015

More Jillibean Soup Guest Designer Projects!

Hey, friends!  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  We have no plans except to play with the girls in the pool.  Sounds good to me! :D

Today I wanted to share my other two projects I created for my Guest Design spot at Jillibean Soup earlier this month.  I used the Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup collection to create this page.  The background paper is from the Soup Staples III line.  There are a lot of umbrellas and rain elements in this line, and these pictures of me and my friend Jennifer getting caught in the rain at Universal Studios were perfect.  We wound up getting caught in a huge downpour right in the middle of the Harry Potter part of the park, so we found ice cream to take away the blues...haha!

I started with a triangle stencil and some gelatos.  I also added in some watercolors and inks.  I wanted to add in some yellow and teal into my background, so the watercolors and inks are perfect for that.  I added several patterned papers behind my photos and then added some machine stitching.  I decided to use the die cut "I've got Sunshine on a cloudy day" as part of my title....and then added in "also known as ice cream" because we all know that ice cream IS sunshine...haha!


I used some of coordinating stamps throughout the page.  I also threw in some tangled thread.  I cut "ice cream" on my Cameo and used some {} Thickers from my stash.  Here you can also see the mixed media pretty well.  I love the splotches!


Here's a look at the top right.  That today stamp is part of the collection.  I love the pops of yellow here.


I used one of the tab stickers here on the side.  I love how these triangles turned out.  I like that they sort of have an edge to them, yet they still look kind of faded and messy.


One more close up of the title area.  Pop dots sure make a huge difference, don't they?  I love all the dimension here.


Here's the second card I created.  I love how it turned out!  I used a sunburst stencil and some Distress Ink in Mustard Seed.  I just blended it with my small blending tool.  Then I added a little bit of blue watercolor and let it dry.  Then I just added in a few stickers and some tangled thread.  I colored the wood veneer flower yellow and glued it down.  I did add pop dots under the sentiment.


Thank you so much for your visit today!  I hope you enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Fun layout for fun photos! Great work with the Jillibean Soup products. I love, love, LOVE that card! So bright and cheery and the colours and design is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos!! Love them! 😄 And I love the way you incorporated your mixed media with the Jillibean goodies! Awesome layout and card! Congrats on the guest designer spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Missy!! Those photos are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete