Friday, May 15, 2015

Date Night Shenanigans / My Scraps & More

Happy Friday!  I hope you're ready for a fun weekend :)  Today I'm sharing a layout I created for yesterday's Throwback Thursday challenge over at My Scraps & More.  I pulled out some October Afternoon Daily Flash and Midway for most of this.  The background is Amerian Crafts Plus One.  The challenge was to use product at least a year old, use at least one speech bubble and use at least one camera on a layout.  The pictures are of my husband and me being goofy in the car on a date night.  The perfect time for crazy selfies...haha :D  Sometimes I just can't resist being a cheeseball...

I first decided on which patterned papers I was going to cut into strips. I wanted to add a bit of background color, so I used gelatos, spray inks and mist to add the messy splatters.  I added some machine stitching and then played around with the embellishments before deciding on homes for each of them.


I cut "shenanigans" in white cardstock and then used distress ink to color it.  I wasn't sure in the beginning what color I might want it.  And the font is called Olympic Branding...in case you wanted to find it :)  I mixed in some Thickers with the Midway alphas for the title.


I love all the little die cut embellishments in this line...they all were perfect for this page.  Just the right shape and colors.  I love this red up next to the inks and that blue piece.


Love adding tangled thread...it adds wonderful texture and interest.  Aren't these speech bubbles so cute?


That's white tissue paper behind my photo...it's a great substitution for vellum if you don't have any.  I just love all these colors together.  I can't get enough of the brights!


I used some Lemon Zest Dylusions and some plastic packaging to get this yellow here.  I've been wanting to use that cute camera for a long time, and this was perfect for it.


I did create a process video for this page...here it is if you're interested in watching how I made this from start to finish.  



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This absolutely ROCKS!!! I loooooooove that black and white background paper! It works so AWESOME with all of your elements!! I've the thread and color you added!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just LOVE your layout !!!!! I love the way you use all those colors !!! and it's really fun listening to you on your video :D it makes me progress in english ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Missy! I just love your date night pics and pages, and the color here is so striking, especially against a field of black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun one! Your layouts have so much personality! Love that background paper that you used as a base. Cute photos of you two! :)

    ReplyDelete