Friday, March 5, 2021

I Just Really Love Her / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my very last layout for Hip Kit Club.  I am taking the next term off.  I have just become overwhelmed the last several months.  So many deadlines and constant creating have just become a burden.  My real life is changing, my kids are changing...I just need more time to focus on that right now.  I am still on the Pinkfresh Studio DT and the Paige Evans DT, so I'm not disappearing completely.  I just need fewer creative responsibilities right now, and the HKC term was ending.  I have nothing but love for Hip Kit Club and Kimberly.  She is amazing, and I love her!  I just have to look out for my sanity these days.

Onto the layout!  I used the 2021 January Hip Kits.  I have been wanting to use those fringe strips for a while, so I began with those.  I layered a few to create a "shelf" for my photos.  I used thick white cardstock for the base, and I coated it with clear gesso to prep it for some mixed media.  I didn't do a lot of it here...I used some of the Precious Posey (purple) and Snow Way Man Shimmerz.


I used some of the clear stitch stickers as well.  This fringe is so cool...I love all the fun texture and dimension it makes.  I did some fussy cutting as well...lots of flowers around the photos and down below here.

I used a mix of the two puffy alpha stickers in the kits for the title.  I did pop up some of these flowers with adhesive foam.  You can tell the difference because of the shadowing effect.  To make the white letters stand out a bit more I traced them with a metallic gold pen.
I never thought I'd love purple mixed with this golden yellow, but I do :D  I layered some thread here and added this large "I Love You" puffy heart sticker.
I used lots of floral die cuts here.  I did trim the white border a little thinner on them so it wouldn't stand out so much.  I love how the flowers bend up off the page.
This fringe is fun to play with, and it looks really neat.
I took a lot of close-ups, so here they are :)







I hope this inspires you in some way today :)  I know the February Kits are arriving on doorsteps, so hopefully you'll have it soon if not already.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my six years on this team!  I know I will miss it each week, and I might be back one day.  But for now, I'm going to enjoy a little more free time creating when the mood strikes.

Here is my process video:


Thank you so much for all of your support, video views & sweet comments on all my projects.  I really appreciate it.  See you again very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment