Monday, March 15, 2021

Oh Paige / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share another new layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I used the new Some Days collection.  I wanted to incorporate some of the bright patterned papers, so I cut 3x4 pieces from four different ones.  I arranged them in a horizontal line across a sheet of thick white cardstock and glued them down.  As always, I wanted to add some watercolor, so I added clear gesso to the bottom and top of the page and some white gesso over the patterned papers.  I used white to help blend out some of the patterns to create a bit of white space.  This just helps tone down the busy patterns and allows the photos to stand out a little bit more.

I used the Liquid Watercolors on the background.  I used a mix of Sunshine & Clementine to get that golden yellow color, and I used the Sky Blue for the blue area.  I used a variety of embellishments from the collection around the photos.

 

I used all the colors on this page, which is my favorite!  I used three photos, and I layered two of them here on the right side of the page.  I layered some white tissue paper under them as well as pieces of a few of the pockets / envelopes.  I popped all that up off the page with some adhesive foam.  I added some chipboard stickers, a puffy sticker, some blue thread and some of the Essentials Jewels.  I love the sparkle and dimension they add.

Here I layered a few of the phrase die cuts and a cardstock sticker.  I love the string curving around from the envelope's clasp.  I curved it around the big watercolor drops.
For the photo on the left, I layered them same things around it...chipboard, puffy stickers, a lemon die cut, thread and Jewels. 
I machine stitched through all the papers in matching thread colors. 
I love all these fun layers!  It's so fun to use a variety of embellishments, and when you have all the colors to work with it's even more fun :)
I created a little cluster here at the top with a few label / tab pieces, part of a torn tag, a puffy sticker and a lone Jewel.  I added some twine to finish the tag off.
I tucked in a few more die cut flowers & leaves here.
I felt like something was needed in between the photos here, and this orange flower die cut was it.  I popped it up and added a Jewel.  I went with a small title using the puffy alpha stickers, and it fit perfectly in the middle here.
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)




I love how this turned out!  I hope it gives you some ideas to try on your next page.  Sometimes I have a hard time using really busy papers, but I find that if I use them in small pieces like I did here, it works much better.  I never want the photos to be overshadowed by the patterns, so I make sure to fix it where that doesn't happen.  

Here is my process video for this layout:


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment