Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend Good Times / Pinkfresh Studio

It's Monday...again :)  I wanted to share my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I combined the two newest collections (Office Hours & Just a Little Lovely) on this page, and I also used the Liquid Watercolors

I began with one of the exclusive cut files coming very soon tot he Pinkfresh Shop.  They should be loaded any day now :)  I love the fun geometric shape combined with the pretty floral.  I paired that with some of the new Adorable frames washi tape.  It matches the geometric shape perfectly, and each shape has the prettiest watercolor effects.  I rolled the large washi onto some scrap cardstock and cut the shapes out.  I used them as layers behind my photo.  I used those colors to determine my background color choices.


I used some smooth white cardstock as a background, and I coated most of it with clear gesso.  Once it dried, I used the Liquid Watercolors to create a fun rainbow color scheme.  I used a brush to apply the color and also so create splatters.  Once that dried, I glued the cut file over it.  I finished it off with some machine stitching using metallic gold thread.


Here are some embellishments from the Office Hours collection.  I used a puffy sticker, a die cut and a fabric die cut here right on top of the photo.  I also used another die cut as part of the title.  I also layered some white tissue paper behind the photo for a fun messy layer.  I raised the photo up by adding some adhesive foam under it.  Finally, I tucked some tangled thread under the photo.


Here you can see the dimension from the layering.  I love how the watercolor turned out...so pretty and vibrant!  I decided to add some gold splatters, so I watered down some metallic gold acrylic paint and used a brush to splatter it.


I tucked in some more thread on the right side here and then finished off the title.  I mixed and matched with some of the puffy alphas from the Office Hours collection.


I layered the floral part of the cut file under the photo and then tucked in a floral die cut from Just a Little Lovely.


Here are some more close-ups of all the details :)


I did create a cluster under the title...I used pieces from each collection again.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to paint the blue flower here on this die cut, and then I popped it up with adhesive foam.



And that's it!  I hope this gives you some ideas for your next project.  It was a lot of fun to put together, and it was a fun challenged to mix and match collections.  Be sure to check out my process video here if you're interested:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This article is really impressive to all the embroiders for developing their skill, I really liked your writing & creativity skill now left chest digitizing with quality is possible by using our service.

    ReplyDelete