Sunday, September 1, 2019

Love You / Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge

Hey there, friends!  It's a long holiday weekend here, so even thought it's Sunday, it kinda feels like a Saturday.  That is always a good thing!  I'm popping in today to share the new Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge.  We have a beautiful color palette to play with along with watercolor/mixed media.  Check it out:


Here is the layout I created using these colors and lots of mixed media :)  I started with one of the new cut files that will soon be for sale in the PFS shop.  I wanted to mix and match the two new collections: Office Hours & Just a Little Lovely.  I chose a few papers from both lines to back banner pieces with.  I used the PFS Liquid Watercolors to back the flowers (I'll explain that further down).  I used an Office Hours paper as my background as well as a few stickers.


I've been wanting to use some of these beautiful floral acetate pieces from Just a Little Lovely, and I love the dark and bold colors.  These show up best with white paper behind them since they are transparent.  Anything colored behind them is going to change the color of the images.


Once I had the cut file backed, I added some adhesive foam behind it to raise it up off the background.  I love the dimension this creates.  On the background, I used a lot of white gesso first to prep the paper.  I used the liquid watercolors to add some blues and purples.


Instead of using patterned papers to back the flowers and leaves, I used the Liquid Watercolors.  I pulled out some scrap paper and painted big splotches in green, blue, yellow, pink, purple and light coral.  Once they dried, I used those areas to back the flowers and leaves.


Once the cut file and background were complete, I glued the entire thing down and went to work on embellishing.  I created a little cluster here with a fussy cut flower, some puffy flower stickers, some leaf die cuts all from Just a Little Lovely and a Be Awesome Today sticker from Office Hours.  I also wrote my journaling down below with a white gel pen.


I added some yellow thread up around the photo since I felt like it needed a pop of something light up there.



A few more close-ups because I always take a ton :)



My title is short and simple...both sets of puffy alphas are from Office Hours.


I hope you'll play along with us this month!  You can upload your project HERE.  I loved how this turned out, and it was a fun challenge to mix and match the collections.  And as always, I love using the Liquid Watercolors!

Here's my process video of all the details:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment