Monday, July 15, 2019

This is Lovely / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio using the new Just a Little Lovely collection.  This line features so many pretty watercolor designs...it's hard to choose a favorite paper!  I decided to fussy cut this beautiful floral wreath from a patterned paper.  I chose another paper to use as my background...lots of blue and green watercolor effects. 

There is a white space on the background paper, so I chose that area to add a bit of mixed media.  I added some gesso to that area first and then used the Liquid Watercolors to add some shades of pink, yellow and purple.  I mainly wanted the watercolor to show around the edges of the photo and the left side of the wreath.


These watercolor florals are so pretty!  I love the black and white sketchy flowers mixed in there, too.  I went light on the embellishing since the wreath was the star of the page.  I added a few stickers and die cuts here on the right.  I also popped the wreath off the page using some adhesive foam.


Here you can see the pretty purple watercolor.  I used a brush to also add some splatters.  I tucked a floral die cut and some thread under the photo here.  To add the gold splatters, I simply watered down some metallic gold acrylic paint and used a brush.


Here I mixed and matched some of the puffy stickers to create a title.  I love these giant puffy words!  So elegant and scripty...and I love how this one stretched across the inside of the wreath.


Here you can see the dimension created by raising the wreath up off the page.


Do you like to add watercolor to your pages?  I love using it for accents and details like this.  It just jazzes up the background and adds extra pops of color.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



I hope this gives you some inspiration for your next layout.  It was a lot of fun to put together!  I do have a process video here if you'd like to watch this layout come together.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment