Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Bon Voyage / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring one of Paige’s brand new stencils…yay! I used the Sunburst Rays stencil along with Paige’s Bon Voyage cut file and a mix of the Horizon and Pick-Me-Up collections. I scrapped another photo of our recent Bahamas trip, so I wanted it to be bright and summery. I began with the stencil and knew I wanted it to be at the top of the page with my photo under it. I cut the cut file on my Silhouette Cameo about 6x6 on white cardstock. I knew I had to use Horizon Paper 08 because those wavy lines remind me of waves. Perfect!


I used white cardstock as my base, and I coated it with clear gesso first. I wanted to create a blue color wash representing the sky and water, so I used a few blue ink sprays to do that. Once that dried, I mixed yellow pigment powder with modeling paste and scraped it over the Sunburst Rays stencil using a palette knife. The texture turned out amazing! I did go over it with a bit of white gesso since it was extra bright.


I fussy cut lots of the waves from Horizon Paper 08 in different widths and lengths and arranged them on the lower half of the layout. I popped a few of them up with adhesive foam to create dimension, and I also machine stitched through some of them with navy blue thread for added detail. I had to add a fun smaller secondary title, so I used the Pick-Me-Up Foam Mini Thickers and I love how that dark navy pops right off the page. To add a few smaller details, I fussy cut a few dragonflies from the Horizon 6x8 Paper Pad and used some Pick-Me-Up Stickers.


At first I wanted to back the cut file with different patterned papers, but I felt that would’ve been too much pattern mixed with all the waves at the bottom. I decided to use gelatos and lightly color the inner letters and place them back inside the cut file using adhesive foam. I just rubbed the gelatos along the edge of each letter and used my finger to smudge the color. I think these lighter colors make the title stand out against all the other colors. I embellished on a few of the letters using some Pick-Me-Up Stickers, Horizon Stickers, and a fussy cut globe from the Horizon 6x8 Paper Pad. The “together” sticker is from the Horizon Project Pad available at JoAnn Stores.


Do you like to mix and match items from different collections?  I love how these flowers looked even though they are completely different types.





I fussy cut this globe from a Horizon patterned paper...I had to use it for the words on it!  One of the last things I did on this page was fussy cut a few small dragonflies from the Horizon 6x8 Paper Pad to scatter around.


I realized at the end of the layout that I didn't really have a lot of space for journaling, so I typed out a few strips and placed them towards the top.  I added more adhesive foam behind this heart to give it some depth.


One more!


I hope this inspires you to create a fun summer layout! If you love mixed media you will definitely want to get your hands on Paige’s new stencils. They are just wonderful and I really love how the Sunburst Rays just makes this layout come to life! I do have a process video here if you’d like to see this layout in action.




Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment