Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Paradise at Home / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club featuring the new 2019 July Hip Kits.  They are full of oranges, pinks and yellows.  I couldn't wait to scrap a fun summery page!  I chose a few pool photos (my favorite) to contrast with all the oranges and pinks.  I began by cutting "Paradise" on my Cameo using one of the beautiful Pinkfresh Studio patterned papers.  I love the watercolor effect on them, and I thought those colors would contrast nicely with the blue in my photos.

I did a blue wash on the white cardstock background.  I first used clear gesso and let that dry.  I mixed a few of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays to create the blue watercolor effect.  I mixed the Blue Hawaiian Blue from the Color Kit with the Tiffany Lou Blue from an older Color Kit.  I also swirled in drops of white acrylic paint.  It created the perfect blue to match my photos!


This month's Embellishment Kit has a big package of tropical die cut flowers and leaves.  I used a lot of those around the page.  I trimmed off the white edges, which is just a preference.  I raised a few of them up off the page using adhesive foam, and I added some colored thread in a few places to add texture.  I layered a few Pocket Life cards under the photos as well as a big torn strip of an Echo Park Paper.


I created a cluster here at the top of the photos using more of the die cut leaves and flowers.  Again, I trimmed off the white edges.


I mixed and matched the title using the exclusive cut file (Paradise) and some of the white Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas.  I used one of the One Canoe Two rub-ons here as well.  I decided to create journaling strips on my computer instead of handwriting this time.  I love all the dimension here.  You get that by adding dimensional adhesive behind the photos.


I fussy cut this adorable bird from a Webster's Pages paper.  He is the cutest, and he matches my color scheme perfectly!  I also fussy cut these small palm leaves from a Pocket Life card.


Here are a few more photos showcasing all the fun details...




Hopefully this inspires you in some way...it was a lot of fun to make.  I wish I had ten more packs of these awesome flowers and leaves!

Be sure to check out my process video here for more details...



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment