Saturday, March 9, 2019

So Many Reasons / Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope

Happy Weekend, friends!  I have a fun layout to share that I created just for me!  I was excited to get my hands on the new Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope collection, and man is it amazing!  I was inspired by so many of the papers, stickers and embellishments.  I was drawn to these pretty number stickers from the Sticker Book.  I didn't know what I was going to do, but I knew I wanted to use them in some way.  I stuck them to some scrap white cardstock and then fussy cut them out so I could move them around and use them as die cuts.  Then I got the idea for my title...focusing on all the reasons I love my daughter.  That ties in to the numbers, right?  I mainly just wanted to get messy and make a random page just for fun, so that's what I did :)


I used some thick white Bazzill cardstock as my base, and I coated it in clear gesso first.  I used lots of gelatos to create some watercolor effects behind my photo.  I decided to have all the numbers spaced out to the left of the photo in random order.  I wanted lots of texture and color and "messiness" on this page, so I wound up tearing half the white cardstock off and layering other patterned papers behind it.


Here's a look at the gelato work.  I also used a touch of some Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers I got on clearance at Michael's.  I also used a few Shimmerz.  I wanted most of the mixed media work behind the photo.  I used a few Vicki Boutin Puffy Stickers, Chipboard Stickers and Cardstock Stickers.  I also used a big "Say Cheese" die cut up above the numbers mainly because it fit perfectly there.


These cute banners are in the Ephemera pack, and I thought they looked cute down at the bottom of the page.  I used some very old and cheap black alpha stickers for my title.  I decided since the page was so colorful and busy, and small title was in order.  Anything bigger would've just been too much, I think.


I decided to add a bit of messy color to this area in the upper left corner.  I used a few gelatos to smudge some color down and wound up creating a little cluster in that area.  I also machine stitched along the lines of the torn papers.  I used an aqua and a black & white patterned paper on the left side.
I also felt like using a few of my border punches, so I punched a few papers and tucked them in on the sides.


Yellow always makes me happy!  I added a puffy heart Thicker and a cute little camera on top of the photo along with some black tangled thread.


Here are several more photos of all the texture, color and detail...I just love it :)


Look at that holographic shine...so cool.




I hope this inspires you to get bold, crazy and messy on your next layout!  This collection is perfect for that.  I loved making this, and I can't wait to make another page using it.

I do have a video here showing how I made this from start to finish, so check it out!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment