Friday, March 15, 2019

Fly Getaway / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there, friends!  Happy Friday...yay!  Today I'm sharing a new layout for Pinkfresh Studio featuring the new Out and About collection.  This is a beautiful travel line, and I couldn't wait to scrap a vacation photo!  I began this layout with an exclusive Pinkfresh Studio cut file that will be released very soon, so keep an eye out for it.  I cut it on white cardstock and did some mixed media work behind it.  I used some gesso, light blue acrylic paint and the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors to create a big colorful circle to fit behind the globe.


I did some machine stitching along the globe lines to add some fun detail.  All of the embellishments in this collection are awesome, and I used a mix of circle elements to compliment the globe's shape.  I used Ephemera Die Cuts, Puffy Stickers, Enamel Shapes and Cardstock Stickers to create fun clusters.


The bottom of the cut file has a beautiful set of florals and leaves.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to paint them to match the reds and yellows in the embellishments and papers.  Here I created another cluster to the left of my photo along with some tangled thread for a pop of color and texture.


My photo was the perfect size to tuck inside one of the Stitched Frames.  Those are the best because they are already layered and stitched!


I added a few stickers and an enamel circle sticker above the photo.


I decided to stick with the circle theme here.  I used a circle die cut, sticker and puffy sticker along with this "you are here" piece. I used some yellow and aqua thread for some extra texture.


I really wanted to hand stitch over the globe, but in the end I used my sewing machine with some light blue thread.  I think it gives the page a nice finished look.




I love this pop of red down here at the bottom.  Again, I used the Liquid Watercolors to paint the flower and leaves on the cut file.  I also really love this "wander" frame.  My photo tucked so nicely inside it, and I like that you can see a thin line of the rainbow stripes on the sides.


I hope this inspires you to pull out your travel photos!  This collection is perfect for them.  I enjoyed putting this together.  It was tough to pick what pieces to use first because everything works together so well.

Be sure to check out my process video for more details:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon :)  Happy Weekend!

1 comment: