Monday, March 18, 2019

Road Trip / Pinkfresh Studio

It's Monday already again...how did that happen?!  I have another new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today.  I used the Out & About collection again, and I just loved putting this together.  My photos are of me and my husband road tripping from Vegas to Phoenix last year for Creativation.  I thought the Scenic Route paper was perfect for this.  I tore a big chunk of it and adhered it to some textured white cardstock.  I added some white gesso to prep the paper for the Liquid Watercolors.  I went with lots of blues and aquas to pull all those colors from the photos.  I also used the Adore Alpha Die Set to create some skinny letters for my background.


I went simple with the title and used the aqua Puffy Alphas from the collection.  I used the white space to the right of the photo to add the title, some embellishments and my journaling.  I love how it all fits together.  I also added a bit of yellow stitching for some texture, detail and color.


Here you can see the fun detail that those big letters create on the background.  I cut them on a darker color paper and then smudged them with some white gesso to lighten them up.  I wanted the photos to overlap them.  I layered some white tissue paper and some torn patterned papers behind my photos and then added a fun Travel Tag under the bottom one.


The awesome thing about these Adore Alpha Dies is that you get two sets of letters each time you cut them.  You get the actual letter, and then you get this skinny outline of the letter.  I wanted to use the skinny outlines to be a subtle part of the background.  I love how they look!


Here are the top letters.  I did more of the same things up around the top photo.  I decided to sort of frame the big city words with some messy yellow stitching.


I love mixing and matching different types of embellishments...puffy stickers, cardstock stickers, epoxy sticckers....basically all the stickers, haha!  Everything coordinates so well in this collection, and it's hard to not use everything on one layout!


Here's one last close up of the background.  I added more Liquid Watercolor splatters in matching colors.


One more close-up just because :)


Do you have lots of travel photos to scrap?  Most of my travel photos are of us on a plane and then photos from the destination.  We rarely take road trips, so this was a great chance to get lots of pictures of the drive.  This collection is perfect for any type of travel photos, though.  I hope you're inspired to grab it and play with it!

Be sure to check out my process video here for more details:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment