Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Happy Life / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  I'm back again today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring the Whimsical collection. Are you ever inspired by cut files? As soon as I saw Paige’s XOXO cut file, I knew right away how I would use it as a design on a layout. I cut it pretty big from Paper 17. I love that beautiful pink ombre. This cut file creates the perfect little spots to tuck in a few photos. I used two horizontal black & white photos since I wanted to add in lots of bright colors with some florals. I didn’t use any blue flowers, so I made that my main color on my mixed media background. It creates a great contrast.


I fussy cut the large orange flower clusters from Paper 03. The smaller purple ones are from Paper 14. Aren’t these the most beautiful tropical colors? I just love them together. On the background, I began with some clear gesso over the white cardstock. I then used a brayer to smudge down some light blue acrylic paint as a base layer of color. I used a few aqua spray inks over it to create some different shades. I also added yellow, gold, blue, and green splatters. I used one small Puffy Sticker here under the photo.


I used several of the Chipboard Stickers. I added in orange and yellow flowers and some leaves as well as the title. I love how this “The Happy Life” piece curves at the top of the big O. It was made for that area!


Fussy cutting flowers is one of my favorite things to do on my layouts.  I always look at patterned papers to see if I can create a fun design from certain images on it.  These flowers were easy to cut, and they look great layered with other flowers.


There were a few Rub-Ons that coordinated with my tropical vibe. I used this “Good Vibes” piece up at the top. The flowers were a wonderful match. These Rub-Ons go on so smoothly, even over gesso.


I realized after I photographed my page that I forgot to stamp the date.  I will add that in before I store it.


Here's one more close-up of all the pretty colors :)  I love how this Grateful Rub-On went on so smoothly over the die cut and background.


I hope this inspires you to begin a layout with a large cut file like this! It’s fun to use the cut file to help dictate where to place your photos and embellishments. It’s kind of like putting a puzzle together… plugging in just the right pieces in the right places!

Be sure to check out my process video for all the details!



Thanks again for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment