Monday, January 28, 2019

Live in the Moment / Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there, friends!  Happy Monday!  I'm here today with my first layout & blog post for the Pinkfresh Studio Design Team.  I am using the new Everyday Musings collection.  I just love the bright colors and all of the happy images!

For my first layout, I used the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors on the background.  I tore the Small Things patterned paper in half and attached it to some white cardstock.  I coated a lot of the paper with white gesso to fade out some of the patterns.  This helps the watercolor to pop off the page as well as the photos.  I knew right away that I wanted to tuck my photos into a few of the Journaling Pockets.  You don't always have to use products in only one way.  I like to think outside the box...or in this case, inside the pocket...haha :)

The floral Die Cuts & Puffy Stickers are so cute in this collection.  One of my favorite pieces in this line is the sheet of metallic gold Puffy Stickers.  They're really pretty & shiny.  If you want to mute some of the shine, you can try what I did and smudge some white gesso over it.


I love this light purple color!  Here I layered in a big die cut and more puffy stickers.  I also tucked in some tangled thread in matching colors because it's my favorite :)


I created a small secondary title here under the bottom photo using the Puffy Alpha Stickers.  I love to spread all the colors around the page, so I made sure all the colors were evenly distributed.  I printed out my journaling and cut it into strips.  I used a branch cut file from Paige Evans on the background to create some more interest and detail.


I love that the Journaling Pockets can be used in multiple ways.  I embellished on top of the pockets using floral Gold Puffy Accent Stickers, Die Cuts and Puffy Stickers.  I also did some gold machine stitching around the edges of the pockets for added detail and texture.


Here's a look at the fun layers.  I used another Chipboard Frame here as well as a piece of a die cut as layers.  I love how the pretty watercolors are peeking through the die cut branch.



I also used a few of the Chipboard Frames as layers behind the photos and pockets.  They create great dimension and pops of color.  Here I tucked in more floral die cuts and puffy stickers.


I hope this inspires you to create a light and Springy layout...I am ready for Spring weather, that's for sure!  I love how this page turned out, and I hope you'll check out my process video.  You can also check out all the other designers' videos on the Pinkfresh Studio YouTube Channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment