Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jolly Good Laughter / Hip Kit Club

Hello, friends!  Happy New Year!  I have a new layout for Hip Kit Club to share today using the December 2018 Hip Kits.  There are a ton of these gorgeous ornament die cuts in the Embellishment Kit, and I had the idea to use a lot of them hanging from the top of my page.  So I did just that!

I used the light blue patterned paper from the Main Kit as my background.  I coated a lot of it with white gesso so the ornaments would stand out a bit more.  I tinted the gesso slightly with some of the Shimmerz from the Color Kit.  I splattered down some of the Creameez Red Necking & Inklingz The Holly & The Ivy and then scraped some of the Dazzlerz Spun Sugar over it.  It gave a very light tint of the colors with some added shimmer.  I also just splattered the colors down along with some of the gold Miner Miner 49er from an older kit.

These silly photos were perfect for this page since there were red & white striped ornaments to match her shirt!  Look at her goofy faces...haha!



You know I'm a huge Paige Evans fan, and she has perfected the Chain Stitch.  I finally got brave enough to try it, and I really love the effect it creates!  My lines aren't perfectly straight, but I still love how this looks with the ornaments.  I used light pink, light blue and metallic gold thread.  The gold was pretty stiff and didn't want to stitch very well, but I was forceful with it...haha.



I added some "snow" to the background as well.  It's easy to do...just water down some white acrylic paint and splatter it with a brush.  I embellished around my photos using some of the shiny gold die cuts, chipboard pieces and that cute ticked die cut.


I took way too many close-ups of these ornaments...haha!


I added some chipboard pieces under the photos as well as some packaging.  I also tucked in an epoxy circle.  I mixed and matched my title using different puffy stickers.  I toned down the gold shine on the "Jolly Good" stickers by smudging some white gesso over them.  I also added gesso to "Laughter" and painted them with Shimmerz Well Blue Me Down to make them more aqua.


Here's a closer look at the chain stitch.  Not perfect, but pretty decent for my first try :)  It's easier to watch how I did it than explain it here.  You can probably get an even better explanation watching Paige Evans do it...she's the master!


Here you can see how I altered the puffy stickers.  You can change the color of anything...there is always a way :)  I usually include gesso in that alteration.  I added a few more puffy stickers to the right as well as another chipboard piece.  I wrote my journaling in gold pen.


And a few more close-ups...



I hope this inspires you in some way.  Maybe you'll give the chain stitch a try or try a new technique you've never done before.  You never know if you'll love something until you give it a go :)  I really loved making this and how it turned out.  I do have a video here...woo hoo!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I can't wait to share more projects coming in the new year!  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment