Friday, December 21, 2018

Oh So Cozy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday!  I'm back with a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2018 December Hip Kits…woo hoo!  I was so excited to receive them the other day and get started.  There are SO many exclusives this month, and everything is just beautiful.   I began with one of the free subscriber cut files for this month.  I cut the trees on white cardstock.  I actually first painted them green using the Shimmerz The Holly & The Ivy from the Color Kit, but once I made my colorful background, I decided to flip them over and use the white side for better contrast.  I used the exclusive Sweater Weather paper as my background, and I coated a lot of it with white gesso first.  I used lots of Shimmerz to create all the beautiful color.


I mixed several colors on the background including some from previous kits.  I wanted lots of blue, green and soft reds.  I used some Well Blue Me Down, Ride the Tide and Miner Miner 49er from older kits as well as  Red Necking from this month.  Here you can see all the details and layering.  I machine stitched through the die cut trees with gold thread.  I layered in some of the exclusive poinsettia die cuts, sequins and puffy stickers.


I printed my photos in a vertical strip.  I cut the bottom on off to create some space for the Holly Jolly banner die cut.  I also fussy cut this floral oval from a Project Life card.  I used the outer edges of that card as a layer behind the photos.


The metallic gold puffy stickers were just a tad brassier than I wanted, so I wiped some white gesso over them to tone it down, and I love the effect.


I created some “snow” by watering down some white acrylic paint and splattering it down with a brush.  I used some of the red exclusive puffy alphas to complete my title.


I fussy cut this oval from a Project Life card...I always find cool images to fussy cut!  It's fun to make your own embellishments just by cutting something out.


I created a cluster over on the left using some exclusive chipboard, die cuts, puffy stickers and sequins as well as some tangled thread from my stash.


I added some gold chipboard stars at the top of the trees.  I coated them with white gesso to tone the shine down a bit.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details:



I am really happy with how this turned out!  I hope you are inspired by it in some way.  Have you gotten your December Hip Kits yet?  They are downright amazing, I promise!  I have a process video here for you, so check it out when you can!



 Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment