Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Claustrophobic / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the holidays!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2018 December Hip Kits to document this photo of my daughter's anti-love for Santa...haha!

I used one of the FREE subscriber cut files for this.  I cut the fun frames on three different patterned papers from the Main Kit.  I also used a patterned paper as my background.  I coated a lot of it with white gesso to fade out some of the pattern.  I used several Shimmerz from previous Color Kits on the background to create a pretty blue color.  I added splatters using the Red Necking & The Holly & the Ivy Shimmerz from this month's Color Kit as well as more colors.

Shout out to Pinterest for helping me out with this perfect title :)


I fussy cut these cute lights from the Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper.  I arranged them under the title so it looked like they were hanging.  The navy chipboard letters are exclusive this month, and I stitched through them with gold thread.


I used some packaging from the exclusive stickers and a Project Life card as layers behind the photo as well as some tissue paper from my stash.  I layered lots of different styles of Christmas trees around the photo, including gold puffy stickers, colored puffy stickers and die cuts.
 
This red & white paper was really bold and busy, so I painted it with some of the Red Necking Shimmerz to tone it down.  I also backed all the cut out words with white cardstock to make them stand out more.  All of the gold puffy stickers I used were a bit too brassy, so I gave them a coat of white gesso and it immediately toned them down.  I love how the matted gold looks!  I also added in a few puffy stars and candy canes.


You can't go wrong with layered puffy trees :)  I layered some navy blue tangled thread under them and added an exclusive wooden button on top of them.  The round Merry Christmas chipboard piece is also exclusive this month.


On the right side of the photo I used some tree die cuts.  I added some "lights" by using some of the gold puffy sticker dots.


I just love the texture and dimension that chipboard gives.  I centered this long title under my photo and split it up to make the "Claus" part stand out.


Okie dokie...here are a few more close-ups of all the fun details!




I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your December Kits!  This one was really fun to make.  Be sure to check out my process video here if you'd like to see this page in action.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment