Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Holly Jolly Holiday Hop / Holly Jolly

Hey, friends!  I'm excited to be participating in Ashley Horton's Holly Jolly Holiday Hop over on YouTube.  A bunch of crafters have holiday layouts up on their channels today, and there is so much awesome inspiration.  Ashley is offering this adorable cut file set, and you can find the link to get it on any of the designers' channels.  My video is HERE


Here's my layout :)  I pulled out some older stash from my shelves.  This is the My Mind's Eye Sugar Plum collection.  I used a lot of the washi tape to back the big Holly Jolly cut file.  I also used a few washi tapes from my stash.  I simply applied the tape to some scrap cardstock and cut it to fit behind the letters.  I used some clear gesso and lots of pink and gold Shimmerz on the background.




I love how a messy mixed media background looks behind a cut file like this.  It has such a cool effect when you can see it peeking through.  I added some adhesive foam behind the cut file to create some dimension and added a bit of thread here and there.



I wanted a bit more gold, so I machine stitched around the O here before attaching it to the background.  I also added some glittery gold enamel dots.


This beautiful "believe" piece was part of a print meant for framing, but I fussy cut it out and used it as an embellishment.  I love all the glittery gold!  And the font is awesome.


I fussy cut these trees from one of the MME patterned papers.  I also added a sticker and more patterned papers behind the photos as well as some green thread and enamel stars.


I love all this dimension!  I added a chipboard piece down at the bottom and then wrote a bit of journaling in gold pen.


More trees, thread, stickers and stars on this side :)


Look at this kid's face...haha!  She is the silliest little thing.  She makes me laugh with her goofiness!  I added a cute chipboard piece here between the photos and added some thread at the top.


Here are a few more close-ups...I always take too many :)



I really had a great time making this...I hope you are inspired!  I hope you use this awesome cut file on your next holiday page.  Be sure to watch my video here, and then hop around and watch all the videos.  I have all the links listed in the description box below my video on my channel.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

1 comment: