Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sunshine All the Time / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I’m so excited to share my first layout using the new Whimsical collection for the Paige Evans Design Team! I had a hard time choosing which papers to begin with because I have so many favorites. I decided on Paper 15 because all of those little clouds are just adorable. I wanted to use the back of Paper 15 as my background, so I pulled the cloud paper from the 12x12 Paper Pad and fussy cut a lot of them out. I cut Paige’s Clouds Background 8.5x11 cut file on white cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo and used that as my base design then placed the fussy cut clouds inside all the cut out shapes.


I used white gesso on the background first and then used some matching ink sprays to add some color behind the clouds. I also diluted some white acrylic paint to add lots of white splatters. I placed the cloud cut file down and then randomly placed the fussy cut clouds over it. I added adhesive foam under each cloud to create dimension. I added matching tangled thread under a few of them for added texture and interest.


I loved how this cute photo of my daughter at the pool looked, so I placed it down below the clouds.  I embellished under it with floral & leaf stickers from the Sticker Book. I mixed and matched the title using a Sticker and some of the adorable rainbow Foam Mini Thickers. I wrote my journaling below the photo using a metallic gold pen.


Aren’t the colors in this collection just so beautiful? I love how easy it is to create a rainbow color scheme. I added a bit of white tissue paper behind my photo to create a little separation from the background and help it stand out a little more against all the pretty colors.


I added a bit of matching thread underneath some of the clouds.  I really love the messy look it gives and the texture it creates.


One more close-up of all the fun dimension...


I hope this inspires you to create something fun and colorful with the new Whimsical collection. It’s all gorgeous!

I have a process video here if you'd like to watch:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment