Thursday, October 4, 2018

Being Happy / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 September Hip Kits, and I focused on using the Color Kit to begin with.  I created a fun stamped background using the Vicki Boutin Stamps and some of the Shimmerz.  I wanted the flowers to look messy and soft, so the spray inks were great for that.  I also pulled a few colors from previous Color Kits to add in.  I wanted to create a long title using the colorful Thickers from the Embellishment Kit, so I used those colors on the background.


I found this sweet quote on Pinterest and centered it up underneath my photos.  To add color behind the letters, I sprayed the inks on my small acrylic stamping block and smooshed it down onto the cardstock to spread it around.  It's a different look than you get with plastic packaging.  I did glue the letters down since I used gesso first, and then I stitched through each line with white thread.


I love how this turned out!  All the pretty colors just popped off the page.  I added a few of the black Vicki Boutin Thicker hearts around the page.  I layered in some tissue paper and a piece of a 4x6 Project Life card to add some aqua.


I used a some of the Pinkfresh Studio Die Cuts Ephemera here on the side.  I cut a floral piece in half and tucked it under the side.  I also added a pop of pink with the tangled thread, and I topped it off with a few Pinkfresh Studio light purple enamel dots.


Below the title, I used black ink to stamp a big flower.  I added in some Pinkfresh Die Cuts to finish off the small cluster along with more black puffy hearts.


I used a Pinkfresh Studio Chipboard Sticker frame over my center photo.  These are my favorite kind of photos to scrap...everyday moments with my girls!


Above the photos, I added another Pinkfresh Studio sticker.  I cut around the "g" to make it overlap onto the photo.  Here you can see how the messy stamped flowers turned out.

Here's one more close-up just because :)


I hope you are inspired in some way by this page...it was really fun to make!  You can watch how I made it here in my process video:



Make sure you check out Hip Kit Club if you're looking for a scrapbooking monthly kit.  They are always amazing! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment