Thursday, September 6, 2018

This Makes My Heart Happy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday!  I'm back to share my newest layout for the Hip Kit Club.  I'm so happy to be returning for another term...thank you, Kimberly!  I'm still using the 2018 August Hip Kits, and I decided to go with butterflies for this page.  Just about everything on this layout is from the Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection.  I actually started this design by choosing this photo to go with the big 4x6 Project Life card behind it.  I sliced the bottoms of the letters so I could tuck the photo under them.  I rarely get photos of my girls together, let alone sitting on the same couch and smiling!  It was a truly amazing 45 seconds...haha!


I fussy cut lots of pretty butterflies from one of the Maggie Holmes papers in the Main Kit and let them dictate my color scheme.  I was excited to use some of the purple color!  I layered the butterflies together and machine stitched down the centers using gold thread.  I did trace a few onto the light blue Maggie Holmes paper since there were no butterflies in that color.  Here on the right, I layered in a few pieces of patterned paper and more PL cards and then created a little floral cluster using Willow Lane stickers and puffy stickers.


I stitched over this black line using black thread just to add some texture.  I added more puffy stickers here and another set of layered butterflies.


I mixed and matched my title with some of the Willow Lane alphas and the black clear stickers.  I did add this adorable Amy Tangerine inflatable heart with some Willow Lane stickers and tangled thread.


The fun part about layering butterflies is you can easily bend up the wings to create dimension!  Just glue or stitch down the middle and the wings will pop off the page.


I added more layered butterflies up the left side of the photo and created some hidden journaling.  I made this tag from a PL card, drew some lines and added my sentiments.  I punched a hole in the top, added some cord and tucked it behind my photo.  This is a great way to have journaling without it taking up space on the actual page.


I used the Color Kit on the background.  I mixed the Shimmerz Inklingz Oakie Bear Blue and Coloringz Well Blue Me Down to create the blue area, and the lighter color is a mix of the Inklingz Miner Miner 49er and the yellow Pinkfresh Watercolors, which is from the July Color Kit.


I was so excited to use the Willow Lane white Rub-ons!  They worked perfectly on this dark spot on my photo.  I tried one on the background, but the blue wasn't quite dark enough for it to show really well.


I hope this gives you some inspiration for your next layout.  I enjoyed making it!  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment