Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Love You Sunshine / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  Today I have a fun new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the 2018 August Hip Kits.  I used the adorable banner cut file designed by Kim Watson for this design.  I actually backed those with papers from the Main Kit for a layout a few weeks ago and wound up not using them.  Here they are now!  I wanted to focus on the light blue, corals, yellows, pinks and black on this page.  I started by adding a big strip of the blue Maggie Holmes paper and a small strip of the black Amy Tangerine paper to white cardstock.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over it and then pulled out some black acrylic paint from my stash.  I used a big dry brush to paint a big messy square.  I added lots of Shimmerz from the Color Kit as well as a few from previous Color Kits to add some pink, coral, and yellow.


One of my daughter’s nicknames is Sunshine, so this Maggie Holmes sticker was perfect.  I love how it lays just right on the banner’s slant.  I added some adhesive foam under the banner to create some dimension.  I love the shadow effect here.  I did add some machine stitching to the banners as well.


I added more Maggie Holmes stickers and puffy stickers here as well as some of the cute Amy Tangerine Inflatable Ephemera Hearts over on the right of the photo.


Since my photo was poor quality and pretty grainy, I converted it to black and white.  That makes all the difference!  Sometimes it’s more about the memory and the photo rather than the quality.  I say make it work!  I layered a piece of the Maggie Holmes paper under the photo and added a few of the black Clear Stickers.


Here’s the cluster of Amy Tangerine Hearts mixed with a few Maggie Holmes hearts.  I added a pop of light blue by tucking some thread under the photo.


More hearts over here on the left along with some black splatters.


I tucked in some coral thread here on the top as well as a Maggie Holmes chipboard sticker, cardstock sticker and black clear sticker.  ALL the stickers!


Here are a few final close-ups of all the cuteness!




I really loved how this page turned out.  This banner cut file is so cute, and it’s easy to back with patterned paper.  I hope you use it on your next layout!  I have a process video here if you’d like to see how this page came together.  Hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Are the color kits the same as if we ordered direct from Shimmerz or are they different colors?

    ReplyDelete