Thursday, September 13, 2018

Dreamy / Shimmerz Education Team

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I was inspired by the colors in the older Pink Paislee Moonstruck collection.  I pulled out one of the newest navy blue sprays (Coloringz Ahoy Matey) and started with it.  I made my background first before I even chose a photo.  I covered my white cardstock with clear gesso, let it dry and then used the packaging technique to start spreading color.  I mixed Vibez Blue Jeans with the Ahoy Matey and then came in with some pinks and corals.  I used Creameez 1 Hot Mama and Great Fruit mostly.

I saw the "dreamy" die cut and knew I needed to scrap this sweet photo of my daughter sleeping.  I found a beautiful cut file to use which is the Dreamcatcher Half by Paige Evans.  I lightly painted it with Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.


Here you can see that beautiful gold shimmer from the Inklingz.  So pretty!  I love how it looks against the navy and pinks here.  I added lots of rub-ons from this collection around the page.


I used some of the Moonstruck 6x6 papers as layers behind my photo, and I used this die cut for my title.  I love when you can go simple with it and don't have to spend a lot of time coming up with one.


For extra pops of the dark pink I added in some messy tangled thread in a few places.  Here are more rub-ons and a few phrase stickers.  I added my journaling down here on the lower right side.


I fussy cut a few flower clusters from a 6x6 paper and tucked those in on the sides.  I really love how the Shimmerz are peeking out from behind everything!


I added a few butterflies from the collection over on the upper right side.  I stitched some trail lines with white thread to add a bit more interest and texture.  The darker butterfly is a rub-on.


Layering is such a great way to add dimension, texture and color.  I didn't glue down the entire cut file.  I left a lot of it loose so it would stand up off the page.




One more thing I added were a few stamps.  These pretty leaves are from the Bed of Roses Stamp Set, and I used a gold ink pad to stamp them.


I hope this inspires you in some way :)  I loved making it, and I love how the color scheme looks.  You can check out my process video here if you'd like to see how this all came together.


Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


Supplies Used: 
Coloringz--Ahoy Matey
Vibez--Blue Jeans
Shimmerz--Moulin Rouge
Inklingz--Miner Miner 49er
Stamps--Bed of Roses



No comments:

Post a Comment