Monday, February 19, 2018

Love You / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I am excited to share my first layout today for the Hip Kit Club using the new 2018 February Hip Kits!  They are truly gorgeous (as always).  I am also featuring one of this month’s subscriber cut files designed by Kim Watson.  I cut it twice…once on patterned paper and once on white cardstock.  I wanted to create a shadow effect, and it turned out really cool.  I used one of the Pinkfresh Studio papers from the Main Kit as my background.  I covered a lot of it with white gesso and then used some of the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide from the Color Kit as well as some of the Peacock Feathers from the November Color Kit.  I used a small foam blending tool to smudge the ink down dry.  I added some ink splatters using the same Oxides as well as some Shimmerz sprays and some gold Color Shine (most from previous Color Kits).


This cut file is one of my favorites!  It makes a great title as well as nice large design element.  It takes up most of the width of the page, so it made finding a home for my photo pretty easy.  Here you can see how nice it looks over the blue background.  I did stitch through it with gold thread.


To add a rainbow of color here, I traced each open heart onto either patterned paper or a Project Life card.  I cut the hearts out, stitched through some of them, added adhesive foam and thread under them and then glued them down.  I offset them so you can still see the cut file outline behind them.


I created a cute cluster to the right of the photo here.  I fussy cut that beautiful floral element from a Project Life card and added some Pinkfresh Studio embellishments around it.


Here’s another look at it.  I tucked the LOVE circle sticker in there and added a Leatherette sticker under it.


I created another little cluster at the top using a strip of lighter blue patterned paper, some bits from Project Life cards, a Paige Evans Pick-Me-Up Rub-On from the Embellishment Kit and a Pinkfresh Studio wood veneer button and puffy heart.  All the colors of the page are represented here.


Above the photo I added a few more Pinkfresh Studio pieces.  On this label sticker I created a row of chipboard hearts from the Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers.  I machine stitched through those as well.


Here’s one final close-up of the pretty cut file and all the awesome texture and dimension.  I added to the title using some of the Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas.


I hope this inspires you and gives you some ideas to try with the February Kits!  They are so pretty, and the cut files are so good!  I have a process video here that shows how I created this from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping in, and have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just discovered your YouTube channel and blog. I love watching you create. What is it that you are putting behind your photos...is it wax paper or vellum?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete