Thursday, February 15, 2018

Love / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey there, friends!  I'm here with a new layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I used mostly white cardstock on this layout...no patterned paper at all.  I used quite a bit of Shimmerz Inklingz, Creameez and even some Blingz to create this pretty Valentine-themed page.

I began by cutting this cute Flower Heart cut file by Paige Evans on white textured cardstock.  I covered the entire thing with clear gesso before peeling it off the cutting mat.  I used a variety of pink, red and purple Inlingz to paint all the flowers.  I blended colors together.  I used water to help them run together and lighten up in some areas.  I let them dry and then added even more color.  I used Inklingz Hot Stuff, Bahama Mama, Plum Crazy, Beets Me, Lover's Lips and Gosh Garnet.  For the leaves, I combined Creameez Pining for You, Lettuce Get Together and Jolly Green Giant.  I used the same colors on the right side and then added in some splatters from Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.


Once everything dried, I very carefully machine stitched around some of the flowers using gold thread.  I love the texture and extra pop of shine it gives.  Here you can see how the paints shine in light!


I cut a few more flowers in varying sizes and created a cluster here on the right.  I used the same colors to paint these as well.  I used an old Martha Stewart leaf punch for these smaller leaves.  I also tucked in some red & pink thread and a few older gold Amy Tangerine epoxy hearts.


To add some lift to my photo, I added some adhesive foam behind it along with some tissue paper.  I love how this creates such great depth once I tuck bits and pieces under the edge like I did these flowers and thread.  I also machine stitched around the edge of the heart here.


I reached into my stash and found some very old Pinkfresh Studio puffy scalloped border stickers which I tucked in at the top and bottom of the photo.  The color matched perfectly.  See how the Miner Miner 49er shines?  I just love it so much!


Check out these gorgeous colors.  Here you can see on this larger flower the gold hints from the Gosh Garnet color.  It's mixed with Lover's Lips here to create more of a red tone, but the Gosh Garnet is actually more of a pink than red.  And it has gold powder mixed in, so it always dries with a golden shimmer!


Here's another angle of all the dimension on the left side.  I went simple with the title and used a matte gold Thicker from my stash.


One more close-up of all the shine!


I hope this inspires you to create a layout "from scratch" and just paint something pretty with only cardstock.  You don't always need a bunch of patterned paper and embellishments.  Make them yourself...woo hoo!

Check out my video here to see how I made this from start to finish.



Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies Used:
Inklingz--Hot Stuff, Bahama Mama, Plum Crazy, Beets Me, Lover's Lips, Gosh Garnet, Miner Miner 49er
Creameez--Pining For You, Lettuce Get Together, Jolly Green Giant
Blingz--Gold Glimmer


No comments:

Post a Comment