Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bright Sunshiny Day / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday :)  I have a new layout to share today for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I used a lot of the Pick-Me-Up Washi Tape Book. I used Paige's Bright Star cut file and enlarged it. I cut it from white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo and then traced it onto some scrap cardstock. I cut that shape out, layered on strips of the Washi Tape, and then I trimmed it up and attached it to the star cut out. The Washi Tape is awesome because it’s full of colors and patterns and there are even spots with gold foil. Once I got the star finished, I machine stitched through some of the strips and around the perimeter with gold thread. I decided to make my own mixed media background on white cardstock and I did that with clear gesso and several colors of Distress Oxide. I tried to match the colors in the Washi Tape and really make it stand out. I wanted to tuck my photo under the “bright” on the cut file and to make the title stand out I colored it with Distress Oxide as well.


Here you can see the detail of the Washi Tape and how well all the colors work together.  I decided to add some of the moths from Pick-Me-Up Paper 14, so I fussy cut several of those and scattered them around the page. I added some adhesive foam behind the big star to add dimension and some colored thread peeking out from underneath for the perfect finishing touch to the background.


I love the dimension here. The shadow effect is so cool!  Here you can see one of the Rub-Ons and fussy cut moths.  I like to overlap embellishments on top of my photos when there is room, like here on the side.  I love how the stitching turned out, too!


I also added in a few of the Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers and Rub-Ons. I used a larger chipboard moth on the right side and a phrase Sticker here above the photo. There are a few spots around the page where I added some Rub-Ons. Here you can see the subtle star cluster I added above the photo.


I love mixing and matching alphas for titles.  These two Pick-Me-Up alphas are a perfect blend, and it's even cooler when you can work them into your cut file!  This cut file helped me get my title going.


I played off the word “bright” for my title. It’s very textured because at first I colored it pink. It blended in too much and didn’t stand out, so instead of throwing it away and starting over, I covered it with white gesso to make it white again. I went back over it with a yellow Distress Oxide and love how it turned out. Big difference! I completed the title with some of the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers and Chipboard Thickers. There’s also another Rub-On peeking out down there!


Here's one more close-up of all the pretty goodness :)


I hope this inspires you to create something fun with the Pick-Me-Up Washi Tape Book!  There are so many possibilities with it!

Check out my process video to see how I created this from start to finish:



Thanks for stopping by :)   And don’t forget to check out Paige’s awesome cut files in the Silhouette Store!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment