Monday, August 14, 2017

You Are Straight Up Cute / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends :)  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Today I wanted to share another layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 July Hip Kits.  My theme for this day was "Pick a Color."  I kind of chose three...haha.  I started out with blue, but green worked its way in.  I added touches of gold as well.  I started with the blue/green gradient Amy Tangerine paper and tore it in half.  I added it to some white cardstock to complete the background.  I used some of the Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paints from the June Color Kit on the background.  I smudged a few shades of blue with a palette knife and mixed in some Shimmerz as well.  I used a lot of the Amy Tan clear stickers from the On a Whim Sticker Book, one of the exclusive Hip Kit cut files and some of the flowers from a Dear Lizzy paper.

 
I wanted to create a lot of different layers, so I tucked a lot of things under the photo.  I used some of the Prima Watercolor Confections from the May Color Kit to color the fussy cut flowers.  I stuck the Amy Tan clear stickers on some white paper and cut those out before sticking them down.  I added some blue tangled thread, an exclusive wood veneer arrow, another Amy Tan heart die cut and a puffy sticker.


Here's the left side of the photo.  I decided to keep the cut file white so it would contrast against the blue. I also machine stitched through the centers of the big leaves  with blue thread.  Here you can see how pretty the gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine splatters look.


I created a big cluster down at the bottom of the page using a lot of the same elements.  Another watercolored fussy cut flower, more clear stickers and die cuts and some machine stitching.


I tried to use as many blue and green pieces from the kits.  These fun pieces here are exclusive Hip Kit elements...I love those puffy stickers!


I fussy cut the black and white pieces here from an Amy Tan paper to start my title.  I added in the exclusive Hip Kit blue puffy alphas to complete it along with some machine stitching.


Here's the top of the page.  By adding the clear stickers to white paper first and then cutting them out, it allows you move them around like an embellishment.  It also gives some dimension and keeps the colors true.  If I had stuck this palm tree on top of this background paper, the colors would look different.


I hope this gives you some inspiration to try with your July Kits!  I do have a process video if you'd like to check it out.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment