Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Everyday Cuddle Fest / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  This week we are focusing on the beautiful Turn the Page Washi Tape Book. This collection is just stunning and the Washi Tape is so colorful and versatile. I decided to create a circle design. I adhered several strips of the washi to a scrap piece of white packaging. I used a few different sized circle punches to create the circles. I used paper Paper 18 as my background - the gradient pink is so pretty! I used some white gesso to create even more of a white-to-pink gradient and then used some Shimmerz sprays to add watercolor splashes. I layered all the circles under and around my two photos which are of me and my sweet girls doing one of our favorite things… couch cuddles!


One of my favorite strips from the Washi Tape Book is this gorgeous row of gold flowers! I cut it into pieces and used it in a few spots around the page. I used a piece from the Ephemera Die Cuts under the bottom photo and a Journaling Spot under the top photo. I added dimension with some adhesive foam. The small “happy” tag is from the Sticker Book.


The punched washi circles turned out so well and the colors are just fantastic. I added a bit of machine stitching through some of the circles with metallic gold thread. Then I cut out a fun speech bubble from Paper 21. I also added in a yellow scalloped circle from the Journaling Spots and that fun “magical” arrow from the Ephemera Die Cuts. I think all the bright colors really stand out against the black & white photos.


I created a little title cluster to the bottom left. I combined the “Everyday” Ephemera Die Cut with some of the small alpha stickers from the Sticker Book. I tucked it all in and around the circles and then finished off the area with a few butterflies from the Chipboard Stickers.


I really love how all these fun colors look together.  I love how layering all these circles created such fun texture and dimension, and the stitching adds even more.


I just love all the rose gold mixed in with everything.  It adds such a fun pop of shine, and I think it goes with allll those bright colors so well.  I did add some adhesive foam behind my photos for some extra height.


These arrows are the cutest, and this one worked perfectly right here.  You can see how just by layering you get some awesome shadowing and depth.

asdf

I honestly can’t get enough of this collection! It’s truly beautiful and so much fun to play with. I hope this inspires you in some way! I have a process video here if you’d like to check it out:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment