Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Together is the Best Place / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Wednesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun layout I created for A Flair For Buttons using some random bits and pieces along with flair from the Date Night and Tell Your Story 1 Flair Sets.  I pulled out some bits and pieces from the Crate Paper Hello Love collection to get started.  I wanted to create a fun "date night" layout using this photo of my husband and me.  I based my color scheme off those little geometric hearts that I fussy cut from patterned paper.  I used white cardstock as my background and scraped some yellow acrylic paint over it using a palette knife.  I mixed in some pink Shimmerz sprays as well.  I added a bit of teal into the mix using a bit of patterned paper behind my photo as well as a few embellishments around the page.


I used three flair buttons.  This one is from the Date Night set.  I used it down below the photo as part of a little cluster.  I used a Crate Paper chipboard heart, a fussy cut heart and the flair button next to the title, which is a MAMBI sticker.  I added some pink thread under the flair button to make it stand out against the white background.


I used another Date Night flair above the photo.  I tucked it in so the words showed just above the photo.  I had a big white heart cut for another project a long time ago just sitting on my desk, so I added some yellow paint around the edges and machine stitched around the edges.  I tucked it in behind the photo, and it made a perfect layering piece.  I also used a few black clear stickers from Simple Stories.


Here you can see that fun heart and the embellishments I added on it.  I did do a bit of machine stitching with black thread in a few places.


I love how this background turned out.  It's hard to see, but I did use a bit of modeling paste through a geometric heart stencil for some extra texture.  I found this grid acetate piece in my stash...I don't even know where it came from!  I just love how it looked, so I used it as a layer.


The third flair I used was this one from the Tell Your Story 1 set.  It matched perfectly.  I tucked it in under the tag I layered under the photo.  I also tucked in an acetate piece from Pinkfresh Studio.  Again, it was a piece I had lying on my desk in my "pile of stuff" that matched :)  It says "awesome," and I mainly used it for the pop of color and cool look.


Here's a closer look at the background work.  I did use a few gelatos in a few spots after I used the Shimmerz and acrylic paint.  To add a bit of aqua in this area I tucked some tangled thread under the photo.


Here's one more close-up of the left side.  More fun paint and beautiful color!  That little pink chipboard heart above the photo is from Heidi Swapp.


Here are the flair sets I used:



Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Be sure to check out the A Flair For Buttons Etsy Store for allllll the flair!  Have a great day :)

2 comments: