Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sweet Paige / Shimmerz Education Team

Happy Weekend, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I couldn't wait to use the NEW Paste-eez on a project!  Let me tell you, they are just amazing.  In case you don't know, they are our new texture paste with a flat matte finish.  The colors are beautiful, and they blend together so nicely.  That is what I did today on this page.

I used a fun stencil on white cardstock.  I used the Paste-eez in Raspberry Sherbet, Peach Fuzz, Hold the Mustard, Baby Boy Blue and Tree Hugger.  I used a palette knife to smudge the color over the stencil.  I began with the pink and then overlapped the orange and then the yellow.  I kept blending each color into the next until I liked the shades.  I went back over to the left with the green, and I just love how it turned out.  Once it dried, I used a few liquids with some plastic packaging to add some watercolor splotches.  I used Vibez Sweetheart, Jeni B Bleu & Glorious Day and Coloringz Pink Stilettos & Well Blue Me Down.  I did minimal embellishing because I thought this beautiful background was plenty.  I used a little bit of washi tape, some sequins and a few stickers.


Look at this gorgeous color!  I love how this turned out.  I'm a sucker for the rainbow look, so this is so pretty.  These pastes really did all the work here.  They dried pretty quickly with the heat gun.  You can let them dry naturally if you want; they don't take as long to dry as the Dazzlerz and Texturez.  The sequins I added are from SpeigelMom Scraps.


I decided to jazz up my white title.  I combined a Cameo die cut word with some white foam Thickers.  I used the Paste-eez to color both of these.  I used my finger to smudge the pastes on.  I also added a bit of spray to the die cut.  Here you can see some of the washi tape I used under the title.  I just chose a few rolls that matched the colors I had in the background.


I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam under my photo as well as some tangled thread.  I added a few clear MAMBI stickers here and there.  Look how cool the texture paste looks...you can really see the dimension.


I added my journaling here at the bottom and did some pink and orange machine stitching under it for added detail, color and texture.  That orange arrow is from Heidi Swapp, and that cute date washi is from Freckled Fawn.


Here's one more close-up of the beautiful Paste-eez.  You simply must try these...they are so beautiful and easy to use!


Here's my process video for this layout.  You can see how I used the Paste-eez and how easily they blend together.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


Supplies Used:
Paste-eez--Raspeberry Sherbet, Peach Fuzz, Hold the Mustard, Tree Hugger, Baby Boy Blue
Vibez--Sweetheart, Glorious Day, Jeni B Bleu
Coloringz--Pink Stilettos, Well Blue Me Down

No comments:

Post a Comment