Saturday, January 21, 2017

Little Moments / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I feel like it has been forever since I posted.  It's been a slow scrappy week for me, sharing wise...mostly because I have several projects that I created for Creativation 2017 that I can't share here yet.  Hopefully next week I can show you what I made for Bella Blvd!

Until then, I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2016 December Hip Kits.  This is my final page using these kits before moving on to the January Kits!  I started with this beautiful butterfly cut file that Jessica designed.  If it's not already loaded into the Hip Kit website downloads folder, it will be soon, so keep looking for it!  I cut it on the beautiful watercolor striped Take Me Away patterned paper.  On the white cardstock background, I added some clear gesso first and then used several Shimmerz Paints and some plastic packaging to create the messy watercolor splotches.  After I adhered the butterflies, I hand stitched around the edges with matching embroidery thread.  I love how it turned out!


I love how hand stitching looks...it gives such great detail and texture, plus it really made the butterflies pop off the page.  For embellishing, I didn't want to add too much since the butterflies were already pretty busy.  I used some of the exclusive die cut words designed by Kim Watson, a few of the exclusive acrylic stars, some enamel dots, some of the Amy Tangerine white foam flower stickers, and a few fussy cut leaves from one of the exclusive patterned papers.


I love these photos...Reese was just enjoying the afternoon air out on our patio and I just kept snapping away at her like we were at a photoshoot :)  Here, I used a few bits of patterned paper to layer behind the photos as well as some tissue paper.  I created the title using more of the white foam Thickers and some of the Take Me Away Thickers.  I also used some matching thread for added detail, color and texture.


I did the same thing over on this side.  I'm so happy there are purple elements in the kits!  It was fun adding that hard-to-scrap color into the mix this month.  I did add some adhesive foam under my photos to give them some depth.


I love these sketchy leaves!  I fussy cut them from one of the exclusive patterned papers.  I love the pop of black and white they give.  You could do this and even color the leaves in.  That would be pretty, too!


Here's one last close up of the top area.  I'm really happy with how this turned out!


I do have a process video for this page if you'd like to see how it came together.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!


Thank you so much for watching and stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and I love those butterflies in the background. Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete