Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Creative Scrapbook April Kit Reveal

Hello, and Happy Sunday :)  I hope you've been enjoying your weekend.  I can't believe it's already time to share the April kits from My Creative Scrapbook!  Time is just flying by...it's crazy!  I got to work with the Main Kit this month, and it's full of Pebbles Garden Party.  It's very bright, springy and fun!  Check it out:


Here is the first page I created with the kit.  I used a Summer photo of my little Paige in the pool.  The colors worked well with it, and I threw in lots of blue.  My background was easy to create.  I wanted it to resemble water, so I took a plastic wrapper from a Crafter's Workshop 12x12 stencil.  I sprayed some blue mist all over it and then sprayed water over that and mixed it all together randomly with a brush.  Then I laid my white cardstock on top of it and smoothed it out with my hands.  This was the result...a nice splotchy watercolor effect.  Just perfect for pool photos :)


The kit is full of fun little embellishments, like these cute arrows.  I added in a few little things from my stash, like a bit of tape and thread.


I knew I wanted to use this fun Sunshine card as part of my title.  I outlined with a black pen and layered die-cut flowers and a butterfly around it.  I also used pop dots behind my photo so I could layer things underneath it.


More layers....papers and thread.  Another thing I love doing is inking the edges of all my paper.  I just think it gives it a finished and more dimensional look.


Here's a closer look at the watercolor.  Whether you use paint or mist, it's a really easy technique to try.  I like to hold my page upright when I use my heat tool to dry it.  It helps the paper not to warp.  I also dry the back of the paper as well.  If there is warping, I will lay the paper flat with something heavy on top of it for a while.  That always smooths out any bumps.


Be sure to check out all the different April kits HERE.  The Design Team Gallery can be viewed HERE...it's just bursting with gorgeous designs and inspiration this month!

On a side note, I used one of my own sketches for this layout.  We're having a Sketchathon this month over at My Scraps and More.  Here it is...I used a mirror image of it.  You should come join us.  We have a new sketch every day this month!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Another adorable page Missy! Love the bright colours and your sketch too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the awesome layers Missy, and you did a great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete