Monday, April 14, 2014

Inspired by Patterned Paper / My Mind's Eye

Hey there!  I'm so excited about this project share today...it's my latest layout for My Mind's Eye, and I love it so much!  It's up on the blog today.

As soon as I saw this sheet of patterned paper, I knew just what I wanted to do with it.  I was very inspired by all those frames.  I printed out small photos and used a craft knife to cut out the middle of each frame.  I adhered the photos behind it, just like you would a real frame.

This is the only 12x12 patterned paper I used on the entire layout.  The rest is embellishments from the Now & Then Mildred collection.


I love this large chipboard flower!  I wanted it to help the center photo be the focus, so that's where I put it.  That little Hello piece is one of the Sticky Notes...just like little Post-It Notes!  So fun.  I added a few pop dots to the Little Lady sticker to finish up my title.  I love when pre-made stickers make the perfect title.


I used more chipboard here, and I also fussy cut these little round flowers from a piece from the 6x6 paper pad.  The patterns are smaller, so they were perfect for helping to frame the photo.  I added some gesso around the page to give a faded look to certain spots.


I'm sort of obsessed with gold these days...shiny gold, glittery gold, you name it.  For a few of the empty frames, I painted gold glitter paint over a small circle stencil.  It's a fun and easy way to add some shimmer.  I LOVE these gold enamel hearts...oh my goodness!  It doesn't get any better than that!


Here you can see the layers I created with a few chipboard pieces and pop dots.  I added in a little bit of gold thread for some extra shine.


I hope this inspires you to really look at your patterned papers and be inspired by them.  Sometimes all it takes is just one paper to create something fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an incredible page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you recently how brilliant I think your creations are??!!? This is so beyond amazing! And those photos in blk and wht are just perfection.:)

    ReplyDelete