Saturday, June 26, 2021

Love You My Girl / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Weekend, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today.  It features the new Blossoms & Berries Washi Tape which was just released earlier this week.  I used that with bits and pieces from the Happy Blooms collection.

I used white textured cardstock for the background, which I coated with clear gesso.  I wanted to add a neutral color behind the photos and washi flowers, so I went with grey.  I used the Licorice & Metropolis Ink Cubes to add that color.  I scraped the ink pads onto the paper and then used a brush & water to turn it into watercolor.  The washi tape is really easy to use...I rolled it onto some white cardstock and then used the coordinating metal die to cut them out on my manual diecutting machine.  Some of them I fussy cut from clusters to add in a few places.

 

These pink flowers and strawberries are so pretty!  I tucked the photos into the wreath of flowers and leaves to begin.  I layered more flowers around them in a few areas along with some die cuts & stickers from Happy Blooms.  I popped the photos up with some adhesive foam to create some dimension and layered some white tissue paper and a bit of pink patterned paper behind them.

I fussy cut a few butterflies from a patterned paper to add in a few places and then machine stitched little trails behind them using gold metallic thread.
Here you can see the layers behind the photos and the layering of the flowers.  I did add some pink and gold to the background as well.  I used some Shimmerz sprays and some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  I also darkened up some of the grey areas with a grey Shimmerz spray.
Did I mention that the washi tape has gold foiling on it?  Look how gorgeous that is!  I mixed two thread colors together here to try and match the color of the flowers.  I sprinkled some of the Essentials Crystals around the page as well...they are my favorite!
I fussy cut this white and green scalloped circle from a patterned paper and the cut it in half to use in two places.  I searched the whole Happy Blooms collection for anything pink or green that went with what I was creating and made it work.
I love how you can see the texture from the cardstock behind the mixed media.
Here at the top I layered in a flower, a few stickers and another scalloped circle that I fussy cut from the 6x6 Paper Pad.
I went small with the title and used this "Love You" that I cut from a patterned paper.
Towards the end I decided to add another small title at the bottom using the puffy alpha stickers.
As always, I take a lot of close-ups...haha.  So here are a few more of all the pretty details :)




I hope this inspires you in some way today.  It was a lot of fun to put together, and I just love this beautiful washi tape.  There are several new styles, so go HERE to see all of them!

Also, I wanted to say that this is my last layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I have decided to not return for the next term starting next month.  I have been with the team for 2.5 years, and I feel like it's time for me to take a break.  I absolutely love the company, the products and the amazing owners.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed lately with deadlines.  I'm finding that scrapping on demand is taking the joy out of it for me these days, and it's causing me to want to scrap less and less.  I'm trying to not stop altogether, but honestly I'm struggling to WANT to sit down and make pages.  I've been going on design teams nonstop since 2010 and it's finally catching up with me.  I do plan on remaining on the Paige Evans DT and just maybe creating for fun with some of my old hoarded stash and see how it goes.  

Anyway, I do have a process video here if you'd like to check it out!

 


 

 Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment