Sunday, May 16, 2021

You Are My Everything / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio today.  I used the brand new Happy Blooms collection, which will be available in the Pinkfresh Store on Friday, May 21st.  It's full of beautiful Spring colors and patterns..lots of pretty florals!  I wanted to feature this flower paper, so I tore a big chunk of it to use as part of the background.  I attached it to a sheet of white textured cardstock and went from there.

I coated the cardstock with clear gesso to begin.  After I decided where to place my photo, I used a few of the Ink Cubes to add some color behind it.  I used Sweet Mustard, Coral Reef and Peach Fuzz.  I just scraped the ink pad right onto the paper and used a wet brush to move the color around.  It acts like watercolor, so it was easy to "paint" the area with it.  This technique only works if you use gesso first; otherwise, it just dries as soon as it hits the paper.


I love using textured cardstock for this because you can see the texture through the color!  I used a few papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad as layers behind the photo, and I popped it up with some adhesive foam.  I fussy cut several more flowers from the other side of the flower paper and tucked those in around the photo.  I also tucked in some thread here to bring a pop of that bluish purple color.

I popped up a few of the flowers here.  I love that shadowing effect!  I also used this cute butterfly from the Die Cuts.  I bent up the wings and then machine stitched a cute little trail using white thread.  To add a bit more color to the background, I splattered a bit of the Sky Blue Liquid Watercolor as well as some metallic gold craft paint.
I smudged a little bit of white gesso here around the photo to fade out some of the flower.  Sometimes this makes the photo stand out a bit more against a busy background, but it really didn't do much this time.  I fussy cut a bigger yellow flower from a different patterned paper to use there and added some pink thread.
I love tearing paper. The edges curl up and create such great texture!
I wanted a small title, so I used this "You Are My Everything" that I cut from another patterned paper.  I used a sticker and a puffy sticker under it and then added my journaling with a gold pen.

Over on the right side, everything was just too plain and white.  I tore a strip of this pretty blue paper to add on the edge and then made a little cluster.  I used a floral die cut, a puffy sticker and some yellow thread.
Here are more close-ups...



I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout.  Be sure to check the Pinkfresh Store later this week to order Happy Blooms if you want to get your hands on it!  I love how this page turned out, and hopefully it gives you some inspiration.

Here's my process video:  https://youtu.be/PFBAaCtbdjU

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment