Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Smiles All Around / 20 Days of Spring Cut Files / Paige Evans

Happy Tuesday!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring her new Butterfly cut file, which is part of her 20 Days of Spring Cut File Bundle.  You can purchase all 20 new cut files HERE!

I cut the butterfly pretty large using Paper 13 from Paige's Wonders collection.  It was perfect with all those color swatches on it.  I backed it with white cardstock so all the little inside shape would still stand out against the background. I made a watercolor background using textured white cardstock.  I coated it with clear gesso first so the colors could run and blend together.  I used some blue, purple, pink and yellow Shimmerz Sprays to create all the background color.

 

I love all the little tiny details inside the butterfly.  I chose this paper so I could have all the colors on the page.  Since I cut the butterfly pretty large, it takes up most of the space on the page.  This helped me determine where my photos would go and how I would embellish.  I popped up the butterfly using adhesive foam to create some dimension.

I fussy cut some butterflies from the 6x8 Paper Pad in different sizes as well as Paper 08.  I glued down just the centers so the wings could bend up.  Some of the butterflies in the 6x8 Paper Pad have beautiful gold foiling on them!
I tucked in some yellow thread here for a pop of color & texture against the blue.
I love these photos!  I placed them here on the bottom right since she's looking up to the left.  It creates the illusion that she's looking up at the butterflies. I layered some tissue paper and a few of the patterned papers behind the pictures.
I love that you can see the cardstock's texture through the color. 
I finished the layout with some gold splatters from some Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray.
A few more close-ups of all the pretty things :)





I sure hope this gives you some ideas to try, especially with this cut file!  Again, you can go HERE to purchase all 20 of the new cut files including this one.  I will have another layout coming up featuring another cut file.  I love how this one turned out!

Here's my process video:


Thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Super cute layout. You inspire me to be more creative. Where do you buy your gesso?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get online thesis writers UK at studentsassignmethelp.co.uk. It has over 2000 expert writers who are the best in their field and have received a high number of positive feedback from UK students. If you employ a writer from SAH, you can contact them at any time via phone, email, or live chat. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you. They often thesis writing help like online exam help,research paper writing,assignment writing, online exam help,essay,research paper writing,dissertation, case study,homework, research paper writing , addition to thesis with 100% plagiarism free at a very low cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog you posted here. I was looking at these types of blogs for a couple of hours, and I found yours. I must say, Your blog is really easy to read and provides very informative information to us. I am also here to promote my Online assignment help blog organically. I would like to tell you that with the Online assignment help website, we provide help as well as information for your homework. We have an army of PhD experts, who will help you to remove your academic burden. Basically we are from Santa Clara, California, USA and provide assignment help in many countries. Contact us for Online help with assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grayson Living is a brand new company that brings you high-quality Luxury Outdoor Furniture. From beautiful patio sets to comfortable lounge chairs, they have everything your backyard needs. In addition, their products are made of high quality materials like solid teak and stainless steel frames. They also have different colors and sizes to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grayson Luxury is proud to present the latest in Modern French Furniture for your home. With a sleek and simple design, this furniture range will give your home an inviting feel and leave guests with a lasting impression of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlock your full potential and land your dream job with the expert guidance of CV Writing Services Ireland. Our team of experienced professionals will craft a tailored CV that showcases your skills and experiences, ensuring you stand out in a competitive job market. Don't settle for a mediocre resume; invest in your future success today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Discover holistic healing at Gupta Homeo Clinic, a leading homeopathy clinic in Jaipur. Our experienced practitioners blend traditional wisdom with modern practices to provide personalized care. Experience gentle, effective treatments tailored to your needs, ensuring a holistic approach to wellness.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Blog! Specializing in high risk merchant solutions, we provide tailored payment processing services to businesses navigating challenging industries. Our expertise in risk management and fraud prevention ensures secure transactions. Partner with us for customizable solutions, reliable

    ReplyDelete